• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

marlin cromo axles?

lilpain

So I don't have $750 to dump into 30 spline cromo's has anyone had experiences with the 27spline cromo marlin crawler axles? I already have a rebuild kit, high steer, and 5th stud, I am running a 20r, stock single case, 5:29's and lockers with 36tsl if that matters. Please help. I wanna survive the busy without breaking a stock axle.
Thx in advance. :D

Those are EMPI birfs.

Bobby used to buy those years ago and heat treat and cryo freeze them. That is until he tested them and found out they were weaker than a STOCK jap birf.

Marlin used to claim that he had a treated tcase shaft that was tronger than stock too. That was until it got tossed in the axle bustin machine and it broke at the same point that a stock shaft did.

Looks like they now offer a 30 spline version too.

EMPI never said, "quality" to me, just cheap VW parts.

I would save your loot till you can afford LONGS.

Keep an eye out for a used set of Longs, they usually go for less then $750.....

And a stock set of birfs can survive the busy, but your winch may not like you. Or you will be spending 2k on a winch that might survive......

Keep an eye out for a used set of Longs, they usually go for less then $750.....

And a stock set of birfs can survive the busy, but your winch may not like you. Or you will be spending 2k on a winch that might survive......

I'm sure they will survive better if he was open.... Stock birfs hate to locked...

So guys I sold some stuff found some longs on cl drove to Monroe and got them for $500! Thanks for talking me into it!