• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

master cylinder sizing?

87_bigbadzuk

Looking for simple brake setup. Separate master cylinders front and rear. I have 05 up superduty front brakes and 1/2-3/4 ton chevy disk on rear. If I go with the dual wilwood setup, which size masters do I need to operate these brakes? I believe a 3/4 would work for the rear but im not positive. I am running a single Subaru 7/8s on my zuk now but had to pump them up a couple times and looking to upgrade on the new buggy build.

Also, I know I can buy a kit to swap to chevy calipers on the sd60 axle but I really don't want to spend the money on something I don't really need to change.

I have a 7/8 on the lugnut kit for the 05+ sd60. Does pretty good. His brake kit isn't that much smaller than stock, so a 7/8 would probably be ok. My rear 14bolt had factory disc, I ended up with 1" mc for those. I believe my old buggy had 7/8mc front and rear with 1/2 ton brakes, and it would stop good

I measured those massive Super Duty calipers a while back and they were actually smaller than the single piston Chevy Dana 60 caliper. The hydroboost master cylinder for them is also larger at 1.5" compared to the 1.125 that is so common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts