• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maverick XDS vs RZR XP1K

gomer pyle

I'm thinking about getting my first SxS. I don't really know what I want and have been trying to do a lot of reading. I do not fit in a Maverick (ie I will have to remount the seat or remove the lower dash) but I am a BRP fan. I like the look and feel of the XP but after reading online it looks like there are a bunch of must need upgrades (ie cage, A-arms, trailing arms, etc..).
I plan to only trail ride at Windrock, Brimestone, RoyalBlue, etc.., which one is going to hold up the best as a factory unit? I understand maintenance items but some of what I'm reading is outlandish. What are must need upgrades for each one? Turbo or non-turbo? I'm concerned about the longevity of the turbo and inter-cooler and the added maintenance.
I know there are a lot more RZRs sold than any other brand but that doesn't make them the best. I'm really only interested in the XP1K or XPT in RZR and the XDS turbo or non in the Maverick.

I had turbo maverick, I traded it in with 500 miles on it with zero issues, need upgrade tierods, and put sport low harness or ecm reflash so you can give full throttle in lowrange. I have maverick max now haven't really got ride it much yet

I heard the Maverick turbo was kinda unpredictable like a 2 stroke is this true and is it true for the rzr turbo as well? I'm also in the market, not sure if u want to go 2 or 4 seater turbo or not turbo.

Not true on the polaris turbo. It's very strong on the bottom end and pulls hard all the way through. It's impressive. I expected a lot of turbo lag and then all the power to come on at once. But that isn't the case at all. Haven't ridden the can am.

4byfan said:
Not true on the polaris turbo. It's very strong on the bottom end and pulls hard all the way through. It's impressive. I expected a lot of turbo lag and then all the power to come on at once. But that isn't the case at all. Haven't ridden the can am.
awesome. I really want the upgraded parts in the turbo, but due to the way I intend to use the vehicle I would like something very predictable. I'll be wheeling the rocks and Hill climbs mostly.