• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MAY 10 - Blackhouse Mtn/Pickett SF CLEAN UP RIDE

TBItoy

It's time again for a clean up ride at Blackhouse Mtn.

For those not familiar, this is the trail system accessed by Pickett State Forest/ BlackHouse Mtn Rd north of Jameston, TN.

I'm planning a clean up ride (Years ago we got the forest service and county involved and got dumpsters placed at the trail head for a weekend).

I'd like to clean the trails up without all the publicity this time,
If the trail stay clean, the there is much less threat of them getting shut down.

I will be providing a trailer for trash haul out from the main parking area, I'll have it chained up at the main split on the gravel road with a sign on it.

Spread the word!

For anyone that doesnt know how to get there. We'll meet at Jamestown WalMart at 8-830am.

WE NEED TO KEEP THIS AREA CLEAN TO ASSURE RIDING OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FUTURE..

LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED

Re: Blackhouse Mtn/Pickett SF CLEAN UP RIDE Date TBA

Could borrow a side by side or quad to come help out. Could also use my old beater 16 foot trailer as another trash hauler if needed.

ridered3 said:
Could borrow a side by side or quad to come help out. Could also use my old beater 16 foot trailer as another trash hauler if needed.
\

Any extra trash trailers will be needed. I'm planning to bring my 7x12 utility trailer as a trash hauler.

We rode up to Carperters Rock House a couple weeks ago, and the trails were littered with trash and cans.

I came out with a a bed FULL of cans and it didnt' touch the actual problem.

TBItoy said:
\

Any extra trash trailers will be needed. I'm planning to bring my 7x12 utility trailer as a trash hauler.

We rode up to Carperters Rock House a couple weeks ago, and the trails were littered with trash and cans.

I came out with a a bed FULL of cans and it didnt' touch the actual problem.

AlL the ****in locals that don't give a ****, riding their Razers and 4wheelers, throw their garbage out every where.

Nothing grinds my gears more than throwing trash out on the trails! Will keep in the loop about it.

I'm in if it's on a day that I can make it. Post up the date as soon as you confirm a date.

I can be there except weekend of april 12, going to windrock for saint judes benefit ride. will be in a Toyota pickup with a bed, can haul plenty trash.

RCBTrucking said:
I can be there except weekend of april 12, going to windrock for saint judes benefit ride. will be in a Toyota pickup with a bed, can haul plenty trash.

Now that you've been on Extreme Offroad, will your security make us normal folk stay away? Was very cool to see y'all on the show!

We was there today riding it needs to be cleaned its nasty as hell there !! Ive seen so
many beer cans .

Re: Re: Re: MAY 10 - Blackhouse Mtn/Pickett SF CLEAN UP RIDE

repairman said:
Time and place to meet?

Edited first post.

The trash trailer will be located here

Dropped Pin

near Pickett County
TN

http://goo.gl/maps/nQS48

Re: Re: MAY 10 - Blackhouse Mtn/Pickett SF CLEAN UP RIDE

Anyone coming to help out?
I'm currently not planning on pulling a trash trailer up there if there is only going to be a couple of us.

Re: Re: Re: MAY 10 - Blackhouse Mtn/Pickett SF CLEAN UP RIDE

The Luke said:
How'd it go?

Picked up the bed of my Tacoma completely full of cans, bottles, beer boxes, and Vienna sausage cans

Rode a LOT. 50+ miles. Found the limits of capability of a stock Tacoma with just a front locker.

Built a fire and cooked some duck and pork chops at the preaching grounds.

Good day.

We only got about 1/2 the cans and **** we saw because the truck was full by lunch time. (and we only had my Tacoma and Gabe's buggy)

Dang. Wish I could have made it. That's a good ride out there. How's the wife's new 4runner?

The Luke said:
Dang. Wish I could have made it. That's a good ride out there. How's the wife's new 4runner?

Yeah, we ran into a couple other locals out there, and a bunch of dumbasses on 4wheelers.

She's pretty much in love with it. I've still not got to try out the rear locker or crawl control anywhere but the yard :****:
I also can't believe they'd put such ***** tires on a Trail Edition with TRD forged wheels... :puke: