• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Me and Neals first roll cage!!!!

Juan_Hong_Loe

That's dumb
Please don't hate, like the title says first roll cage. And it's an exo at that. We still have a lot of bars to put into place (gussets and what nots). ;D

I hope Neal dont get mad. :dunno:

get the rest of the tube in it and post back up. looks good so far. any x behind the cab portion? how bout tubes from the body line at the back of the cab or door bars to the back of the frame bend that is at the top of the tool box. I like where you're going, especially the door bar to cowl bar lin.

Got some more done today. ;D Got all the spreader bars and the "body line bars" between c pillar and rear bars. Geez was the last ones tough! :eek: By far the hardest bars to get right yet. The cope of the bar was right in the bend of the bar going up and going down inward if that makes sense.

Side note: the suburban has some serious leaning issues which makes a lot of the bars look like they are off. Neal and I have looked and looked at this thing and it isn't perfect but when you look at the body lean and the cage it then looks straight. :dunno:

Anywho here are some pics! loller.gif

Mine leans just like his. :dunno: In every pic I see from the front of my truck, I am like WTF

blacksheep10 said:
on the very back, you need something tieing the 2 sides together. that **** isn't done. that weak ass above tank cmemeber riveted in doesn't get the job done like tieing your cage members together like they should be in a conjoining X.
I know Im getting the channel in the morning. It will be Xed. Just give a little time.

blacksheep10 said:
on the very back, you need something tieing the 2 sides together. that **** isn't done. that weak ass above tank cmemeber riveted in doesn't get the job done like tieing your cage members together like they should be in a conjoining X.

Yeah, no where near finished with the "little things" like braces and such. It will be triangulated very nice.

So I thought I would update this thread. Still along way from done
Sitting here at T-sup as they weld up the cage and add braces.

Suburban is naked
DSC00174.jpg

Its armor
DSC00173.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

Neals been at it hard all day.
DSC00155.jpg

Daniel is a welding MOFO
DSC00152.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

Latest posts