• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Meet Christine Reborn, my trail bouncer build

wrenchbender

So, back in the day when I was just tossing the idea around in my head of building a full tube chassis rig and looking for advice, I'm sure plenty thought I was crazy or just plain blowing smoke, but here we are! Anyways, here is the original Christine
IMG_0759.jpeg

I went from wheeling a rzr to this awkward and heavy ,yet surprisingly capable 93 bronco. Nothing special about her, just lifted a little, welded diffs, and some 36" tsl's and beat the s*** out of her!

Along the way, I kinda stepped up to the Jeep/buggy world with these 2 rigs belonging to some close friends of mine, and I've learned a lot riding and doing a buildup into what they are now
IMG_1396.jpeg
IMG_3456.jpeg
IMG_1866.jpeg
IMG_2649.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg
IMG_3067.jpeg

But, enough of that! Now it's my turn lol! I had full intentions to turn ol Christine into a rig that could wheel similar to these jeeps, tons, 4link and the like, but after a thorough teardown I found she was just eaten up and there wasn't enough of her left in decent shape to build
IMG_3508.jpeg

Sooo, back to my original idea I've been tossing around for years, why not just build what I want from scratch? Start project: Christine Reborn!

Attachments

• IMG_3273.jpeg
    IMG_3273.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3271.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg
    561 KB · Views: 15
From the beginning I settled my mind on wanting a sd60 front and 14b rear, so I figured getting those, and stripping them down and building them back up would be a good a place to start as any..
IMG_3271.jpeg
IMG_3273.jpeg
IMG_3464.jpeg
IMG_3470.jpeg
IMG_3796.jpeg

That 14b was a particularly rusty b***

IMG_3479.jpeg
IMG_3487.jpeg

Got it sitting on some 38.5's for some temporary rollers, much bigger meats coming in the future!

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpeg
    IMG_3464.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 15
Now on to more fun stuff, I know from the tj I stretched and made 4 door, that I liked the way the 124" wb felt, so I took that, along with a ton of research and figuring for various geometries and done some design work.. I've done some cool tube work the old fashioned way, but man bend tech was a good investment!
IMG_3537.jpeg
IMG_3538.jpeg
IMG_3927.jpeg
IMG_3924.jpeg
IMG_3571.jpeg

At this point, I've got the chassis roughed in, axles linked at 124"wb, radflo coilovers mounted, 351w c6 and atlas3.8 mounted. I had seats ordered, but opted to wait for them to come in to make sure I could have adequate head room before going to weld city.
IMG_3653.jpeg
IMG_3655.jpeg

After seeing that with my chassis design as is, I'll have more than adequate head room options for both front and rear seats, I fired up the bender and made a few more pieces. Got a long way to go, but I've got a decent start on this project. Can't wait to get it in the woods!

Latest posts