• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Messin around with the new machine

pos97TJ

So I was messin around with our new cnc table and made up a link mount, what do you guys think?:corn: It keys together like other peoples but its kinda cool to be able to design and burn them out in your own shop:D

34peu85.jpg

jb5maq.jpg

I have a little tweeking to do but its not a bad start and will make buggy parts a snap:D

I got the torchmate CAD and Torchmate 3 2x2 table. It seems to be a perfect fit as I dont know what I would use a bigger table for(Maybe skins or somethin). It is big enough to cut out beadlocks and any bracket I can think of at the moment:D

what you cant just tack things together:eeek: I thought that was the new thing you know tack tack tack........:fawkdancesmiley:

what you cant just tack things together:eeek: I thought that was the new thing you know tack tack tack........:fawkdancesmiley:

:haha::haha::haha::stirpot:tacks are fine as long as theirs lots in a row:D

Is Robin part of the design team???:haha:
Seriously though, looks good, can't wait to see what else you conjure up...:awesomework:

Thanks zukkev:awesomework: We are gonna do some beadlocks and some link mounting brackets for the buggies this week Ill post up some pics:beer:

Very cool. I would love to have one of the Torchmate machines. If you have to call tech support be sure to ask for Mike and tell him Andy told him f off.

Really only cosmetic, but why are the top and bottom plates different? The flat sides of the tab look odd and the big holes in the top plate reduce overall strength. After looking at various failed link mounts of this style over the years, I have made all of mine with the joints as close to the mounting side as I can to reduce leverage and have no more look at me cut outs and holes that can reduce overall strength & rigidity.
The table will definitely change how you build things, hardest part for me is keeping track of the over 300 part files I have done up.

Really only cosmetic, but why are the top and bottom plates different? The flat sides of the tab look odd and the big holes in the top plate reduce overall strength. After looking at various failed link mounts of this style over the years, I have made all of mine with the joints as close to the mounting side as I can to reduce leverage and have no more look at me cut outs and holes that can reduce overall strength & rigidity.
The table will definitely change how you build things, hardest part for me is keeping track of the over 300 part files I have done up.

I don't know about the hole on the top, but the cut-out on the bottom is for access to the grease fittings. I'm sure there is a reason....:;

I don't know about the hole on the top, but the cut-out on the bottom is for access to the grease fittings. I'm sure there is a reason....:;

Figured that out already, if the cut out was the same top and bottom, the zerks can be put on top and out of the way.
Yes it is less convenient to grease them, but they are protected better, and yes I have seen numerous ones broken off when they are on the bottom, even with the link mount there.

I built that part the second day of even playing around with the cad program and it was on the first sheet I cut out. The top and bottom plates have the exact same key holes in them so they are reversible. When the link is in there it is only about 1/4" away from the mounting surface so leverage should not be an issue. Thanks though for the constructive criticism, it is always welcome:beer:

If you read at the bottom of his last picture it says I have a little tweaking to do but it will make building parts alot easier.But im sure hes not to proud to listen to good advice from a fellow builder.:;