• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Micro crawler

I personally like the 1/10th scales aka 2.2s, alot more capable and much more upgrades available. It really depends on how much u wanna spend amd what u wanna do with it.

The mrc pro is also available, its 1/18th scale and is pretty inexpensive for a starter but does require all electronics. The truck has been proven in the comp scenes right out of the box with minor mods, I bought mine for 75 bucks shipped and then added servo, bec, speed control and receiver .

I personally like the 1/10th scales aka 2.2s, alot more capable and much more upgrades available. It really depends on how much u wanna spend amd what u wanna do with it.

The mrc pro is also available, its 1/18th scale and is pretty inexpensive for a starter but does require all electronics. The truck has been proven in the comp scenes right out of the box with minor mods, I bought mine for 75 bucks shipped and then added servo, bec, speed control and receiver .

What he said. But I do like my 1.9 comp car--its just as fun but near as capable as my 2.2 or----my super...

The micro's are pretty damn small, have you seen one? I've been thinking of one for the kids for around the house and might even still look at one of the more "truck" ones, but once I started laying the dimentions out, they are basicaly a stomper on steroids.

I just picked up a mini (mini rock-crawler or mrc) use off CL. $150 and its was ready to rock, just needed a new battery ($25-$30). For my first forte, I like it. It is the perfect size, not to big, not too small. Plenty powerful in stock form and a total blast. I've been terrorising the house with it and even let the kids drive (they love it as well).

Shop CL and wait for that "perfect deal", I missed out on a more built one for $130 cause I was slow on the draw and still not sure what I was looking for. But I still think I got a pretty good deal for the one I have.

My newbie-experience here, but unless you planned on competing, I'd skip the "$70 roller" and just buy a turn key for $~300 if you don't go used. Look at Joops thread, he got a cheap roller, but was $400 into it before he could even play with it. I might be way off though, I don't know what the mrcpro gets you that the stocker doesn't.

My newbie-experience here, but unless you planned on competing, I'd skip the "$70 roller" and just buy a turn key for $~300 if you don't go used. .

Worse advice ever..

Buy the pro-roller and put what you want into it. If you buy any RTR you will be replacing all of the parts if you comp.

Only thing I have replaced on my pro roller is the trans gears and driveshafts.

Worse advice ever..

Buy the pro-roller and put what you want into it. If you buy any RTR you will be replacing all of the parts if you comp.

Only thing I have replaced on my pro roller is the trans gears and driveshafts.
I said newbie advice :redneck:.

I also said 'if you don't plan competing". I don't plan on it, I bought it as a toy so it didn't make sence to dump $400+ into it off the bat. I don't know what Charlie's plan is.

If for some reason I get the Comp bug, I'll either upgrade what I have or have a better knowlege of what I need/want/should put into it and like you said, start with the pro-roller and build from there.

Kind of like telling a newbie wheeler that just wants to get out in the woods to buy a full comp-buggy instead of just starting with a stock TJ or simular and finding out what they want to do first :D But since you know Charlie better, maybe you know more than he's let off in this thread.

I said newbie advice :redneck:.

I also said 'if you don't plan competing". I don't plan on it, I bought it as a toy so it didn't make sence to dump $400+ into it off the bat. I don't know what Charlie's plan is.

If for some reason I get the Comp bug, I'll either upgrade what I have or have a better knowlege of what I need/want/should put into it and like you said, start with the pro-roller and build from there.

Kind of like telling a newbie wheeler that just wants to get out in the woods to buy a full comp-buggy instead of just starting with a stock TJ or simular and finding out what they want to do first :D But since you know Charlie better, maybe you know more than he's let off in this thread.

BIG difference between building a basher and a comp rig to hold up..

One thing about wanting to build a sound rig is the fact there is a right way and a wrong way. The right way is to replace as little as possable with good quality parts. One reason buying a RTR rig is never a good idea and waists $$..

I have talked with charlie before on this and I have this stuff down to a science :D

I know it isn't a real remote but I have a plan to use it for and the scale is what I need

I need to build a mini Reiter

Attachments

• 2012-02-22 06.19.14.jpg
    2012-02-22 06.19.14.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 116