• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mike's '88 Mazda B2600

valiant

Well, I figure I should start a build page since I am getting this thing going now, Hopefully it will be done before the June 9th newbie run thing so maybe I can go out with some other people a learn the basics.

This is what I started with:
4x42.jpg

I had to take the bed off to replace the fuel pump and at the same time, I replace the old mazda carb with a weber 34/34. It has 31" Wild Country Radial RVT's on it. It also has a 3" body lift. I started to paint it military green with rustoleum spray paint.
Plan is to put it through its paces a few times and then solid axle it and swap the motor for something better.

here are some pictures:

4x46.jpg

4x47.jpg

I finally got it running today, so I decided to get some poser flex pictures. the weber 34/34 and fuel pump is on and it needs to be tuned a little, but still runs good, got a few more things to do to it, finish the military green paintjob, put on the grill guard, put the body lift back on the bed.

DSC00461.JPG

DSC00462.JPG

DSC00463.JPG

DSC00464.JPG

DSC00465.JPG

DSC00466.JPG

Thanks for looking,
Mike

my little brother has the same exact truck color and everything he even you to have those tires on it till he got his swampers

the next day after I took those pictures, the trans in my rabbit went out, so I went to start up to truck to tune it to hopefully pass emisions, it wouldnt start, no sound comming from the fuel pump. this is the 3rd fuel pump it has fried. I am thinking of just getting one of those universal ones you can mount on the inside of the frame and not in the tank, but im not tottally sure how I would convert an in tank fuel pump to a external fuel pump.

I'm done to no vehichles now cuase the pressure plate went out in my rabbit, I broke the carb for my valiant in half, and the mazda keeps destroying fuel pumps.

I think its cuase I dont have a return fuel line on the weber, so I need to add one, but taking the bed off everytime I want to move the truck and at $105 a pop for a fuel pump is getting kind of outragouse. I just need to rip out all the mazda/mitsu stuff out and go all american MOPAR muscle, I could go grab a tranny and Xcase from a wrecking yard to mate up to a 318 that needs rebuilding in my garage, my mazda would make a good home for something like that, then just use wagoneer axles or something.... oh if only we had all the money and tools we had in our dreams.