• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Military 37’s

The Luke

I know this is probably beating a dead horse. But, I don't know anyone personally that has ran them on a rig. Are they any good? Worth the money at all? I know the sidewalls are stiff as hell. Ideally, once I get mine to a point where I can sell my wheels and tires, I'd like to pickup a set of 38-40's. But the budget side of me likes that I can order 12 bolt hummer wheels and tires off trail worthy and be done for about 500 til I can afford something better(way way down the road).

The bias 36 goodyears suck. The older 37 radial GY MT suck even worse. The newer durawall GY MT/R (looks like a street MT/R from 10 years ago) is way tougher, rides better, sticks to rocks better, but clogs with mud easily without grooving. The BFG Baja MT seems to be the best, but is hard to find. Gensco Tire in Anniston, AL has the best prices on any of these (256) 236-5400, Ask for Bobby I believe

I have a set of 37" irocks for a 16.5 wheel. They are worn to nearly the wear bars, then 3 of them were grooved for more tread depth.
Located near Birmingham $200 and you can have them. I was saving for spares.

Re: Military 37€™s

RustyC said:
I have a set of 37" irocks for a 16.5 wheel. They are worn to nearly the wear bars, then 3 of them were grooved for more tread depth.
Located near Birmingham $200 and you can have them. I was saving for spares.

This is your best bet Luke.

On a trail rig I'd run regrooved Iroks over mil surplus tires any day.

Especially on double bead locks so you can air down low low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate it man. I'll keep those in mind. Ideally I'd like to go a bit bigger. Not to mention I gotta get mine sold first.

:dblthumb: No problem. Just wanted to throw out some options. Just give me a shout if needed.

There's a few folks around here that have ran them on rigs. Most served street duty too. As said, MTRs & BFGs on 24 bolts are the best setup. They seem to perform the same as that style tire in other sizes. They also measure ~35".

I wouldn't run iroks on a heavier rig, but they are better than street style tires for sure.

You can find older TSLs for 16.5 if you look around. I've got a brand new set of 39.5s is sell but not for that price haha.

A buddy in our club runs the old surplus tires. All I can say it is painful watching those tires trying to find any traction on rocks or in the dirt. Probably fine for a pavement pounder but you'd probably want to shoot yourself on the trail with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I needed guys. I appreciate the input. Once I get mine sold I'll be hunting somebodies cheap-o tsl or whatever I can snag in a 38+.

I'm trying to do the whole swap and break as close to even as possible. I started with $200. And even with the purchase of both ton axles and the ruff stuff radius arm kit, and some buying and selling, I'm only out $250 so far.