• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mine and my sons new buggy

I will post pics when I start putting it back together, it has boat steering on it.

jeep46 said:
My son is 8, buggy specs are. 300 Honda fourtrax motor, Sami t-case, Sami axles.
WB 76, belly 16.5, top 52 and 64 wide
I built a buggy for my boy it had all the same stuff yours has. What did you use for powersteering? Toyota mr2 electric pump?

smurfy90 said:
I built a buggy for my boy it had all the same stuff yours has. What did you use for powersteering? Toyota mr2 electric pump?
Says it has boat steering on it

smurfy90 said:

I looked into the electric hydraulic pump, but couldn't find much good info on it. It seems to draw a lot of amps and keeping a battery charged I figured would be a problem. I am still looking into some sort of power steering.

PROTECT your sons back and neck!!!!!!!! get rid of those crappy seats and get him something safe and gentle and supportive. That's the only thing I see other than #1 DAD ;D :driving:

I don't plan on him rock bouncing with it, just some mild riding to get him used to driving and his next one is done. Until then he will wear a helmet, his harnesses, and I will have thick padded covers built for the seats.

I looked into the Rzr steering, but for 1K I didn't think it was worth the investment if it didn't work, also looked it to the MR2 pump, wasn't sure if we could keep a battery charged enough to keep it running,it uses a pretty good amount of amps to be running a alt with a 4 wheeler motor, but I have not ruled it out, still doing research on it.

That kid bug is great man. I love it . My son wants me to build him a mini samurai tin top like mine..lol
Told him he could just have mine lol he's 9 and already a gear head. Mad props for dad of the year.

krackem said:
That's awesome how much u got invested into it been thinkin about something like that

Luckily I got some of the parts on the cheap, probably got around 1500 to 2000 in it.

Re: Re: mine and my sons new buggy

My daughter is 2 1/2 and keeps tellin me I want buggy I want buggy so I told her next summer we would start on her one and my wife told me to get it done so we can ride around at night durin the week think im more excited then she is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2