• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MM - Shamrock Run - March 18-20, 2016

L

lowbudgetjunk

I have been patiently waiting for 290 days from the last ride. I will be participating and will also be bringing plenty of things for the auction.

The only thing I really need is a date. I am trying to plan out the spring and.......Steve/JohnG? Wheres my date? :JRich:

Re: Shamrock Run 2016

Patiently waiting. I do need to catch up with you on a new strategy for selling Man Cave stuff.

Re: Shamrock Run 2016

ShamRock Run 2016. The dates are Friday (3-18) through Sunday (3-20). This ride will be held at Morris Mountain Off Road Park in Delta, Alabama.
This year, the ride will benefit the park. There will not be an auction. For several years, we did this ride for Shwachman Diamond Syndrome. That is a children's disease that was very close to my heart due to having two grand children die from it. I was very passionate about it and we raised a lot of money to help train doctor's on how to diagnose the disease. As important as it is, I now have a 5 year old healthy grandson (carrier of the disease, but can never get it), and life goes on. I decided two years ago not to continue to raise money for them, and was going to let the ride go. Stephen A. and Steve G. did not want to let it go, and Stephen had a new charity that was dear to his heart, so we raised money for Rett's Syndrome in 2014. Last year, we really did not have a charity, Steve G.'s wife suggested Autism. We researched different Autism charities and decided on Autism of Alabama. All monies raised over the years have gone to good, needy organizations that were small enough to really appreciate the $12,000 to $16,000 we were raising each year. I thank all in the off roading community for making all these events a success.

Great, but what has changed. I have talked to Randy M. and Steve A. about letting the park have the ride to benefit the park, and both have agreed. While giving to, and supporting charities is important, ShamRock run was the first in this area done as a charity ride. But, in the past few years, many other good charities have come up, some charitable groups, some needy individuals. All very worthwhile causes, but there are now many charitable events in off roading. So, I think it is time to give back to the park that has supported us in the charitable giving all these years.

This had been a hard decision, and one done with multiple face to face meetings. So, let's support the Morris' and Morris Mountain at 2016 ShamRock Run.

Wasn't Shamrock an OffCamber event originally? To benefit Jill Scott?

May miss this year due to schedule conflict. But this has always been my favorite one-day event. For a decade now.

bbone said:
In for cooking...all proceeds go to the park. What improvements will the park see form this?
Bathroom/shower facelift would be nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me, it's a donation, not a payment. Once I give then it's on you to decide. Let's try not use this thread to decide how anyone spends their received donations

Eric I agree. I am also in to help out with any park improvements (my time, labor, resources, $, etc)

LandSpeeder said:
What my schedule? A cruiser event in Texas

I think the poster is asking you to elaborate about a offcamber event...you know like going up copperhead with a passenger

honestly was more of a question. I just remember the Georgia club to benefit one of their members that had cancer and I think passed. This ten years ago before even the pavilion they used a flatbed semi trailer as a stage for their raffle at the park gate. I think Shamrock started about the same time this annual ride stopped.
Always has been for a good cause. LOVE this park and this event.

Sorry, JENNIFER Scott...

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/threads/morris-mountain-al-event-4-22-2006.4356/

the original Shamrock was put on by NorthWest Florida, they had a lot of issues inside their club due to the ride and decided not to do it again

s10me said:
the original Shamrock was put on by NorthWest Florida, they had a lot of issues inside their club due to the ride and decided not to do it again

I thought I was confusing my "out of state clubs". Thanks for clarification. It was the same year wasn't it? 2006 or close to it? I think I went to Shamrock '07 may have missed a couple in between the last half dozen. I wasn't making my own decisions during that time period. I can now.

Latest posts