• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MM - Wheelin 4 Warriors Ride - May 26-29, 2017

This is my first post here so I'll do an informal introduction here and do another later.

This weekend my wife bought my anniversary present at the W4W auction.

I had other plans on what I wanted to build and this level never entered my mind. I have one bad ass wife who never ceases to amaze me.

I am very experianced in most all aspects of the drive train since I've built a couple drag cars years ago and have been a professional mechanic for over 3 decades. What I don't know is the suspension and other aspects for the rock crawlers that sets them apart from street cars. Now the research and learning begins.

2d0828e69e23249898beaefd39a4d1c4.jpg

A very huge thanks to Jduck for an awesome build on this frame and the rest of the crew at Morris Mountain for making this event a massive success.

Semper Fi
Chris

Congratulations on the upcoming build.

Alternator issues sidelined the XJ at lunch on Saturday. Still had a blast watching everyone else beat on their rigs.

A BIG thank you to all who made this possible. My family & I cant wait until next year.

SemperFiArms said:
This is my first post here so I'll do an informal introduction here and do another later.

I had other plans on what I wanted to build and this level never entered my mind. I have one bad ass wife who never ceases to amaze me.

I am very experianced in most all aspects of the drive train since I've built a couple drag cars years ago and have been a professional mechanic for over 3 decades. What I don't know is the suspension and other aspects for the rock crawlers that sets them apart from street cars. Now the research and learning begins.

2d0828e69e23249898beaefd39a4d1c4.jpg

A very huge thanks to Jduck for an awesome build on this frame and the rest of the crew at Morris Mountain for making this event a massive success.

Semper Fi
Chris

Congrats, it sounds like the chassis is going to a good home.

Congratulations Chris. Let the fun begin and the bank account go south!!

This year we had a friggin' awesome turnout, I would have liked to put some faces to some names on here. For anyone that might wonder who I am, I was the Old Guy wearing the Safety Green "Staff" shirt Saturday. We will post money numbers up very soon after Jamie "Son of s Jeep" and I finish totaling things up. It's going to be good though.

Attendance Numbers were as Follows:
Friday Sign Ins:
Spectator/Passenger - 42
Driver - 91

Saturday:
Spectator/Passenger - 60
Driver - 101

Total: - 294

Thanks to everyone in attendance and for your continued support, this was the 10th anniversary and probably the biggest. Looking forward to next year already. :woot: :woot: :woot:

SemperFiArms said:

Semper Fi
Chris

Welcome to Hardline

Congrats on the new purchase! :dblthumb:

There is a ton of suspension tech. on here if you can wade through all the pointless threads. Just do a little searching.

mdo817 said:
Congratulations Chris. Let the fun begin and the bank account go south!!

This year we had a friggin' awesome turnout, I would have liked to put some faces to some names on here. For anyone that might wonder who I am, I was the Old Guy wearing the Safety Green "Staff" shirt Saturday. We will post money numbers up very soon after Jamie "Son of s Jeep" and I finish totaling things up. It's going to be good though.

Attendance Numbers were as Follows:
Friday Sign Ins:
Spectator/Passenger - 42
Driver - 91

Saturday:
Spectator/Passenger - 60
Driver - 101

Total: - 294

Thanks to everyone in attendance and for your continued support, this was the 10th anniversary and probably the biggest. Looking forward to next year already. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Great job guys! :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Now lets see some pics./ videos . I've seen some on the ole FB popping up.

smbroady82 said:
Great job guys! :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Now lets see some pics./ videos . I've seen some on the ole FB popping up.

I took exactly zero pics, but if someone has 1 or two of the leaf sprung xj on 44's I'd appreciate it

Re:

I took pictures of the campsite, smoker, and then of my transmission out of the buggy when I got home yesterday. So I tool crappy pictures is what I'm saying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Did anyone make the left side of Copperhead? I was denied but saw a couple of epic beat downs on it but didn't personally see anyone make it. Also saw several flops on the right side of Copperhead and a couple of great reverse saves there. Had a great time, drove back on the trailer Sunday morning. Thanks to all that have served and are serving. RTR

Thanks to all that came out and supported the ride this year.
Congrats to Chris on winning the wife lottery and the chassis from JDuck.
I would like to thank Ting' for all the help and for sticking it out for 10 YEARS helping keep this event going. And of course for the Mohawk tradition year after year.
We are still waiting on a few donations that are coming in and for the credit card money to drop in. Afterwards, we will post up a total. I will tell you this...it's the largest amount
raised yet. Thank you to MGO Steve, Robo, Jesse, Tripp, Rob, Logan, and others who came up without a rig just to help work and take some of the stress from Mark and his family and the rest of us.
Jamie

e487599a8d6a1c10acf3e1386a415005.jpg
The only good photo I got all weekend. Skull dragging Julios ass back to camp after Vnotch beat down ;D ;D

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

I would assume pulling it on three tires is easier than on 2. But it is Julio, so.....2 might be the easier way.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk