• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MMORV - ROCK RALLY '10... August 7th

draggbody

So by now im sure you all know what the rock rally is… if not, it is the definition of endurance racing in the south… rocks, hills, jumps and abandoned county roads, combine this with speed, heat, and all of your fellow racers on the course at the same time and you have a formula for one hell of a race!!! http://morrismountainorv.com/mmorvforum/index.php?topic=1305.0

There has been a lot of buzz about the event for this year and I think the changes we’ve made will definitely make this an event not to miss… last year the biggest problems were rigs not being able to complete the course and poor spectating due to the course being so large… so what we have done is made several changes to address these issues…

First is the course, btw last years course was 8 miles per lap, I am trying to cut that in half hopefully and possibly run 4-5 laps instead… we are going to make the course itself shorter, concentrating each lap around spectator areas… this will allow people to get out to the action and make repairs at camp much easier… there will be basically three major sections, campgrounds/ jumps, primos/ RBD, and copperhead/gauntlet… this will cut out a lot of the ground to cover and condense the racers a little more… I think people want to see racing, not one rig at a time going by… I would like to see 20+ miles out of this race as I am confident that you guys all know what it takes to survive, and will be accordingly prepared…

Next are the classes… last year there were no “racers” that showed, hardly any stock rigs and enough “basic” rigs to split in two categories… we will do an advanced class, big tire basic, small tire basic, side by sides and the “bomber” class… these break down like this, advanced class is any rig w/ coilovers, air shocks or air struts… its that simple, if you have these, or any combination, you are advanced… if you do not have any of these, you are basic, w/ the split in tire size being 38” and up and 37” and down… there will be one side by side class and bear in mind that you will run the same course as everyone else…

So what about this bomber class??? Its as low buck as it gets… this will be ran on its own course in the “bottom” area of the campgrounds, across the creek, like where the jump track/ creek jump area is… this will be able to be ran in a 2wd or 4wd vehicle, no winch, just safety equipment and a car/ truck that your team thinks will survive the 4 hour endurance challenge… the idea for this is to take ANY car/ truck outfit w/ basic equipment and beat the piss out of it…

RIG REQUIREMENTS/ CLASSES
the idea is to keep this simple and competitive... whats needed to compete??? simple, a driver, a rig and basic safety equipment... there will be five classes... "ADVANCED" class, these are rigs w/ coilovers, air shocks, or struts... moving down the line are "BASIC" suspension rigs, these are the coil and leaf sprung rigs with a tire size split between 38 and up and 37 and down... if you have a rig w/ leafs and air shocks, then that would be considered advanced... “SxS” will be any 4wd side by side, w/ the required safety equipment and finally the “BOMBER” class… this will be a lap style class on its own course…

SCORING/ FINISHING
scoring is simple, you race against times in your class... if you break and cannot repair, you are a DNF... this will be part of the strategy for what you carry on board... you will be allowed to stop in the camping area as a "pit stop" or walk back to camp for parts... if you cannot finish, you will need to clear your vehicle from the course and enjoy the show...

SPECTATORS/ CAMPING
there will be a charge for spectators, if you are not a driver or co-driver, then you are a spectator... camping will be available and as always, RV spots are first come, first served... spectators can bring there side by sides or trail rigs to maneuver to the spectator areas as it is just to far to walk for most, but walking is ok as well...

REGISTRATION/ FEEDBACK
i see the need for everyone to register friday before midnight, driver meeting/ starting line up at 8am and begin racing at 9am, $80 to race and cash payout in each class for the top 3... we want this to be fun for everyone... what problems do you see??? what did we forget about???

RIG REQUIREMENTS/ SAFETY
-please read the park requirements page on the MMORV website
http://morrismountainorv.com/parkinfo.html#Vehicle%20Requirements
-roll cage, minimum 4 points… main hoop w/ a horizontal bar at shoulder height, 2 diagonal bars connecting the main hoop to the rear frame, two diagonal shoulder bars connecting the horizontal shoulder bar to the frame in the floor board area of the vehicle… basically, build a safe cage, if a tech thinks it is questionable, then you will not race… this is for your own good, we want this to be safe, if you have questions, take a pic and ask…
-seatbelts, 4 point minimum
-fire extinguisher
-grab handles for passengers
-DOT helmet, no bicycle/skateboard helmets
-functioning winch w/ tree saver or synthetic rope
-securely mounted fuel tank…
-recovery points front and rear, a strap would also be suggested
-horn, no air horns, they run out and are inoperatable after a few blasts, this is to notify another racer that you want to pass
-number plates... this will need to be at least 12" tall and 16" wide and preferable removable, like w/ zip ties, this will allow us to paint a number onto your plate and you can reinstall it, if you preregister, then you can do this yourself, but the numbers will need to be dark color applied to a light colored background and and stand at least 10" tall... these will need to be visible from both sides of the rig… we will spray paint your number on your rig if you do not have a plate…

BOMBER CLASS

in addition to the above rules the following are REQUIRED… this class was developed to replace the stock class and most of all to be fun… you should be able to take ANY vehicle and outfit it w/ safety equipment and race… multiple drivers, pits, and repairs are all allowed in the pit area…

-all glass must be removed, this includes headlights, and tail lights… rear facing mirrors are ok…
-window nets for all occupants…
-roll cage over all occupants…
-full sheetmetal… bumpers are ok to remove, but otherwise it must look stock…
-no unprotected fuel systems… there must be sheet metal between the tank and occupants… stock location if fine unless it is outboard on the chassis w/ no protection.. ie: C/K series trucks… you could put a tank in the bed, but would need to sheetmetal the rear window… or you could build a cage around the tank to protect it…
-must be painted w/ a nascar inspired paint theme, remember, we want this to be fun…
-no destructive armor… basically you can build a front and rear bumper, but no add ons that could cause damage to another vehicle…
-optional build thread on MMORV… again, we want this to be fun… show off what you are building…

SxS CLASS

-doors are required… something positive must keep your feet in the vehicle…
-4 point harnesses
-grab handles for passenger
-functioning 4wd
-functioning winch
-full cage, OEM is okay
-fire extinguishers

please pass this link to your local clubs and let us know if there are any questions or concerns...

Re: ROCK RALLY '10... August 7th

Woo Hoo, gonna be a good time. Jimmy, I am committed to working this event as I did last year.

Man, I will be in seattle that weekend with my wife. Damn, this is my favorite race and I am not going to be able to make it. Push it back to the weekend KOTH usually runs, people already expect to compete that weekend!!!

Matt O. said:
Man, I will be in seattle that weekend with my wife. Damn, this is my favorite race and I am not going to be able to make it. Push it back to the weekend KOTH usually runs, people already expect to compete that weekend!!!
just let TC race it for you... :flipoff1:

Matt O. said:

hell i will drive it for you :woot:

Not in to racing anymore, but I will sure help out. Just let me know what you need me to do. :dblthumb:

rock yuppie said:
Not in to racing anymore, but I will sure help out. Just let me know what you need me to do. :dblthumb:

You can be in charge of the Rum Drink Drinking Station at the finish line.

one of my guys at the shop suggested that we do bomber shot laps... do a lap, take a shot... last man standing... :drinkers:

I will be there again this year :woot: . Had ablast last year watching Julio air his rig out ! :****: Randall is considering entering his buggy this year and said " All I want to do this yaer is FINISH!!!" molaugh

EvansBachelorParty041.jpg

loller.gif

Long shot at winning, but im gna definately be competing! Gna be a great time... I say we do Shot laps on the Mini-Bikes... booyang :drinkers: skully

draggbody said:
at least its got mud flaps!!! hitit

Mud flaps and blown head gaskets! :driving: About how long is the race gonna be? I might need to fill the engine with some quick creet. :woot:

bad80cj said:
Mud flaps and blown head gaskets! :driving: About how long is the race gonna be? I might need to fill the engine with some quick creet. :woot:
bomber class is 4 hrs, team w/ most laps wins... :****:

Latest posts