• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mod. class, 30' "A" build up

For an FYI on the case filling issue... That hose with the JIC fitting on it can be used to fill it. PUll the top one off and screw on another fitting with a hos connected to it. Pump in the oil and watch the clear tubing to see the level. When it hits the full mark pull your fitting off and put the clear hose and its fitting back on.. Simple stuff mang. :redneck:

Thats exactly what i did. Maybee the 4 speed is different?

The 4 speed is still the same atlas but the klune style reduction box I'm not so sure about... I'd have to gander a guess I'd say it doesnt't have a seal between the case and the reduction so the oils are mixed?

acording to the manual u need to flip the case input side down to fill the range box to the proper level. Of course I did not read that till after I had bolted the case down and loctited in place:rolleyes: . I did not want to wait till Monday to find out if I could just fill it or not, so I took the time ot just pull it out and do it acording to the manual, better safe then sorry.

a few pics of the rig finished. Nothing like breaking it in on the outlet mall:redneck:

Attachments

• 7-6-08 001.JPG
    7-6-08 001.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 402
  • 7-6-08 025 comp.jpg
    7-6-08 025 comp.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 404
so you get your wiring issues handled yet?

finally got back to work on this thing, kinda got sidetracked on other things. have the wiring issues resolved, had to replace the Howe power steering pump, was leeking around the front seal and when I pulled the seal off it had destroyed the front shaft bushing. I just went to NOPA and bought a stock pump, ended up using the Howe resavoir as it was plumbed with AN fittings. Had to carpet the roof as it was a noisy bastad and would drive u crazy. Had to readjust the shifter linkage as I only had low range and could not shift it. I also am changing how the hood was held in place and using quarter turn fasteners instead of 1/4" nuts. I am also changing how I hold the skid plate on as its a real pain in the ars to remove it.

Where do you dive down in Orgeon?
Tillmook Bay, Newtarts bay or out in the ocean. Or come up and dive the sound or Hood cannal. Best to have a boat so I picked me up a older Avon SR5.4m RIB for cheap, cleaned it up, installed a center console, built a jockey seat and bought a fresh rebuilt 90 hp yammi for it and its gets it done, it will do 42-47 mph depending on current and people on board. Just need to find some rough water to ketch a lil air time with it. :awesomework: Pic of when I first bought it and in its current form. Still need to do a bit more to "finish it"

Attachments

• 8-1-08 016.jpg
    8-1-08 016.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 100_0917.jpg
    100_0917.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 317