• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, anyone?

gasman1

Anyone been up there yet or are you waiting for the holiday weekend?

(just curious, i have not seen any threads on people trying to make it yet)

I have heard of some guys on quads that have made it but not any bigger
4x4's.

Seems that most are waiting for the holiday weekend.

I will be up there beating the new buggy on the holiday weekend. We are headed up late Thursday afternoon in hopes to go on a night run and see what the trail looks like.

Any more news about the snow left up there? My buddy lives in Selah and can see Bald Mt from his house and says he can see snow all over it still.

i was up that way about 2 weeks ago and hit snow on 1701 just past rock creek road(1702?) A wheeler could get through but i didnt want to try in my superduty, no shovel, middle of the week, by myself:rolleyes: not ideal conditions for getting stuck. i will be up there all weekend, look for two rangers, an explorer and a tracker, should be campin on the 1900 line somewhere.

i was up that way about 2 weeks ago and hit snow on 1701 just past rock creek road(1702?) A wheeler could get through but i didnt want to try in my superduty, no shovel, middle of the week, by myself:rolleyes: not ideal conditions for getting stuck. i will be up there all weekend, look for two rangers, an explorer and a tracker, should be campin on the 1900 line somewhere.

Alright, cool man. We are planning to come in from that way also cause the Ellensburg side is just too rough and steep for pulling a big trailer up there. I think that road should be smooth sailing by now and in a week.

Alright, cool man. We are planning to come in from that way also cause the Ellensburg side is just too rough and steep for pulling a big trailer up there. I think that road should be smooth sailing by now and in a week.

you heading up the 1900 line or going towards bald mountain?

I am not sure where the 1900 line is. We head in the Bald Mt direction on 1701, camp close to Barber springs.

Updated May 20, 2010

John Stimberis, WSDOT Avalanche Forecaster, reports that on Tuesday, May 18, clearing crews were able to cut through the avalanche debris and reach the Chinook Pass summit arch, the southeast entrance to Mount Rainier National Park.

The goal is to have Chinook Pass open on May 28, 2010.

so does anyone know if the place is covered in snow? we want to go to nachees for mem. weekend but only if we dont have to trudge through the snow everywhere.