• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Moonrocks

darius

Shorter than LRZ
So when does all the snow usually go away up at funny and moonrocks? after the last comp we need some practice on real rocks. Hopefully it' s good by June.

darius said:
So when does all the snow usually go away up at funny and moonrocks? after the last comp we need some practice on real rocks. Hopefully it' s good by June.

Maybe mid july with the amount of snow we have. I am willing to bet on memorial day you won't see any rocks :redneck:

July I plan on going out there. Might set-up a weekend camping trip with the local guys. :cool:

darius said:

when it warms up :haha:

The WUD WHEELERS have a run on June 17th up to Funny Rocks. I will post the run report the following Monday so you will get a snow report then. :D

I will be staying the whole week through Memorial day in the Buck Meadows area. I will go and check it out. I think it will be mostly clear.. (just an opinion.)

GaryTJ said:
I will be staying the whole week through Memorial day in the Buck Meadows area. I will go and check it out. I think it will be mostly clear.. (just an opinion.)

Not unless there is a heat wave. It will be late june before the rocks are clear of snow, but it will be hella fun anyway.

will still be snow but you will be able to get to the rocks within the next few weeks. Will be heading up there next weekend to scope it out for memorial day. Its almost 80 degrees over here so it should melt quick

budgetxj said:
will still be snow but you will be able to get to the rocks within the next few weeks. Will be heading up there next weekend to scope it out for memorial day. Its almost 80 degrees over here so it should melt quick

Within the next few weeks? You can get there now, we broke the trail last Saturday. There is alot of snow, and the snow pack is still hard. As it warms up and the snow gets softer it is going to get more difficult. It is going to be quite awhile before the snow is gone, I don't care how warm it is in E-Burg, its a different story at 5800'. The snotel sites around the region tell the story, the snow pack isn't melting off very fast yet.

Once the snow pack gets low, it would be best to wait for the area to dry out a bit. When the trails are soft and water saturated you can easily cause alot of damage to them unintentionaly.

benw said:
Once the snow pack gets low, it would be best to wait for the area to dry out a bit. When the trails are soft and water saturated you can easily cause alot of damage to them unintentionaly.

One reason we really need to police ourselfs to stay out of the damn medows!

crash said:
One reason we really need to police ourselfs to stay out of the damn medows!

Agreed. I personally would have no problem narking on someone for driving around where they know they shouldn't be in the meadow.

Binder said:
Agreed. I personally would have no problem narking on someone for driving around where they know they shouldn't be in the meadow.
Yep, we all should do that. In fact, I think that is how they caught some yahoos a few years ago was going around to the campgrounds and asking questions and someone finally knew who the idiots were.

Binder said:
watch your self thats how some people get there **** missed with. if your going to do it dont say anything just do it.

for those kinda people, i keep this close at hand

11701003882.jpg

Ok guys lets just spread the good word to stay on trails and all get along. I hope we can do that.

Is anyone going there this weekend to check the snow level.. very curious

toyota4x4matt said:
watch your self thats how some people get there **** missed with. if your going to do it dont say anything just do it.

I would rather be open about it. People should know that this sort of thing will not be tolerated by others. Maybe this way they will think twice and not do it in the firts place.