• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Morcellators

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
I didn't know such a thing existed, but now I'm reading up on them. Wife is getting a hysterectomy right now and I'm in the waiting room. We don't talk a bunch as it normally ends up in an argument. I like to research things and she likes to take people's word for it and get angry with me when I start asking questions. So the doc is telling me he's doing this laparoscopically (she indicated it would be vaginally on the way up) and I asked how they take an ovary that has a 2.5" mass on it out of a 1/4" hole. He gets this pained look and tries to gently explain a morcellator. I simplify it by replying with, "so it's a wand blender with a vacuum attached to it". He was even less thrilled with having to agree with that. I asked what if the cyst on the ovary is bad stuff how do you keep that from getting all over her insidey parts when you attack it with the magic bullet blender. He said he will try to suck the liquid out first.
So as I'm sitting there listening to them talk to each other I start googling Morcellation. Sweet the FDA advises against it. She has already signed consent forms at this point and has the relax me drugs flowing. Here is a snippet from FDA.gov

"Importantly, based on an FDA analysis of currently available data, it is estimated that 1 in 350 women undergoing hysterectomy or myomectomy for the treatment of fibroids is found to have an unsuspected uterine sarcoma, a type of uterine cancer that includes leiomyosarcoma. If laparoscopic power morcellation is performed in women with unsuspected uterine sarcoma, there is a risk that the procedure will spread the cancerous tissue within the abdomen and pelvis, significantly worsening the patient's likelihood of long-term survival. For this reason, and because there is no reliable method for predicting whether a woman with fibroids may have a uterine sarcoma, the FDA discourages the use of laparoscopic power morcellation during hysterectomy or myomectomy for uterine fibroids."

Soooo lets hope this uterus problem she's having along with the ovarian enlargement aren't cancer. 1 in 350? That's a shitty gamble for the doctor to have taken without talking about risk factors.

**** that doctor and prayers for both your wife and yourself.

I would raise all colors of hell with him/his practice.

Hell no, that equipment is not supposed to be used. They chop the tissue up into little pieces to be able to remove it. If the cells are cancerous, it spreads the cancer cells all over the place. I saw a news report on the issue.

That's a bad deal! I hate when the docs act like leaving **** like that out in conversation is no big deal and just trudge right along with the process to get paid. Ridiculous. I'd tell em to put me to sleep and slice me open in any attempt to prevent that **** from spreading. But I'm not a doc, so what I think has no solid ground. Best of luck man, hope everything comes out alright!

I'm in the medical field and a that's a wonderful way to spread cancer. Prayers for your wife.

blacksheep10 said:
Or don't. I'm not wanting my wife to think every bellyache is cancer for the next forever

Sounds like my gf, every time she don't feel good she takes a fawking pregnancy test and tells me about it, like god I hope I'm not pregnant.... Told her to stfu with that **** the other day or I'm gonna go back to jerkin off! That paranoid **** is nerve wrecking.

TacomaJD said:
Sounds like my gf, every time she don't feel good she takes a fawking pregnancy test and tells me about it, like god I hope I'm not pregnant.... Told her to stfu with that **** the other day or I'm gonna go back to jerkin off! That paranoid **** is nerve wrecking.

She is just seeing how you are going react to win "IT" isn't a false alarm.

TacomaJD said:

Get married....its a whole lot more with a whole lot less. Wouldn't trade it for two dicks and two holes to fill. But, in her defense. She's hot and you are average at best. I'd be worried too :flipoff1:

Re:

Lol I know what makes babies I know how not to make a baby, she just worries a lot. About everything, really. Lol. No rush to get married, but definitely not downplaying it. I only want to do it once, so i ain't rushing anything....give it plenty of time for all (or most all) of the crazy to come out so I'm not surprised 1 year down the road, like Jesus balls, I married a psycho. Lol got too many buddies that are married and can't afford the divorce!

blacksheep10 said:
I didn't know such a thing existed, but now I'm reading up on them. Wife is getting a hysterectomy right now and I'm in the waiting room. We don't talk a bunch as it normally ends up in an argument. I like to research things and she likes to take people's word for it and get angry with me when I start asking questions. So the doc is telling me he's doing this laparoscopically (she indicated it would be vaginally on the way up) and I asked how they take an ovary that has a 2.5" mass on it out of a 1/4" hole. He gets this pained look and tries to gently explain a morcellator. I simplify it by replying with, "so it's a wand blender with a vacuum attached to it". He was even less thrilled with having to agree with that. I asked what if the cyst on the ovary is bad stuff how do you keep that from getting all over her insidey parts when you attack it with the magic bullet blender. He said he will try to suck the liquid out first.
So as I'm sitting there listening to them talk to each other I start googling Morcellation. Sweet the FDA advises against it. She has already signed consent forms at this point and has the relax me drugs flowing. Here is a snippet from FDA.gov

"Importantly, based on an FDA analysis of currently available data, it is estimated that 1 in 350 women undergoing hysterectomy or myomectomy for the treatment of fibroids is found to have an unsuspected uterine sarcoma, a type of uterine cancer that includes leiomyosarcoma. If laparoscopic power morcellation is performed in women with unsuspected uterine sarcoma, there is a risk that the procedure will spread the cancerous tissue within the abdomen and pelvis, significantly worsening the patient's likelihood of long-term survival. For this reason, and because there is no reliable method for predicting whether a woman with fibroids may have a uterine sarcoma, the FDA discourages the use of laparoscopic power morcellation during hysterectomy or myomectomy for uterine fibroids."

Soooo lets hope this uterus problem she's having along with the ovarian enlargement aren't cancer. 1 in 350? That's a shitty gamble for the doctor to have taken without talking about risk factors.

Let us simplify this. You either trust your medical professional or you need to go see someone else you trust.

TacomaJD said:
Obviously she has a mouth let her swallow your kids!