• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

more 22re problems.

chrissybf86

So I just picked up a truggy its a 84 ext cab with newer dash and 22re. I guess it ran good. But does not now. It seems like its missing cly 3 I've changed the plugs. No change. The distributer was wired together using house twist ties. So I fixed that. It has a few plugs that's not used just hanging around.

The rig starts. And runs. No power. And runs fat. U pull the plug wire off while it runs and cly 1.2 and 4 it dies. 3 has no change. Trouble codes are 21 41 51. I think. Any ideas would be awesome.

Is the #3 plug fouled when you pull it? Is it wet w/ fuel? Or is it dry? If it's dry I'd say you need to check the wires to the injector the factory solder joints tend to break or corrode. Really check anything that's been hacked into during the swap.

The plugs are black. And a little wet. I played with the timing. Tryed to set it at 5deg btc and it would idle but once u hit the gas it would back fire I might pull the valve cover and check timing marks.

check the valves too.
just worked on one that all the exhast valves wre to tight and funny enough #3 was the same as your situation other then a real rough idle also.
funny too that this motor was rebuilt by a local shop and a back yard yota tard figured it out.

yea thats next. funny thing is that i took apart the fuel system to find it plugged. all the injectors has dirt and stuff in it, the filter was full, and fuel line was full, i kinda think its the foam in the fuel cell but idont know i am just going to clean all i can, throw 2 filters on, 1 before and 1 after pump and buy a new oem filter.