• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

More fire safety ( fire suppresion systems)

Well i guess it is time to bring this back up. What are the recommendations now? Are there different price levels? Why is one better than the other?

I'm not sure on whats best, or whos better. I have used the safecraft 3 nozzle system on the builds I've done recently, up to the owner for the last word, but i strongly recommend if not force them to run a fire suppression system.

With a heavily paneled interior,boatsides/panels/hoods even getting a extinguisher pointed at a motor/trans or full exhaust can take just the right angle. I've been doing a nozzle aimed at each fuel rail and header and one down in the transmission tunnel. Im not so much looking for the fire to be extinguished by the system, but more of a time buyer so you could bail and try to get an extinguisher on it.

Can you add more nozzles to the system ? Or better to run multiple bottles ?
I'm thinking about one and would like to have inside nozzles too, in order to protect the passengers.

Bend some hardline, they provide AN style flare nuts to match the nozzles/fittings. Pull cable is bout like a fancy manual choke cable

I'm not sure how many nozzles you could run on the 5lb bottle, it comes with 3 so thats what I use. Ill try to make the trans run longer or have a loop so it would kinda even out the spray with the 2 fuel rail nozzles that are in a tee'd line.

I remember seeing something somewhere bout a passenger safe system, not sure on the company but it was designed to be pointed at you and not a header.

Dillon,
Do you like the Cold Fire kit any better than the Safecraft? I got the 2 liter Cold Fire kit and I thought Ray did as well from the guy Gregg knows. Just curious since you might have experience with both. I have two nozzles but would have liked to have one in the trans tunnel as well. I might add one.

I will call the company before adding one though. Better to have the ones it came with working well than a bunch working poorly.

Good video. Not everything applies to us but there are plenty of good info.

I think I'd like more than 5 or 2 lbs if I'd ever install something like that.

Dillon,
Do you like the Cold Fire kit any better than the Safecraft? I got the 2 liter Cold Fire kit and I thought Ray did as well from the guy Gregg knows. Just curious since you might have experience with both. I have two nozzles but would have liked to have one in the trans tunnel as well. I might add one.

I will call the company before adding one though. Better to have the ones it came with working well than a bunch working poorly.

We never went with the coldfire kit, Ray ordered the safecraft LT when it came time to get the parts here. We talked bout the coldfire, it was fairly new at the time, and ol Gregg took to long to respondmolaugh
Im sure the coldfire agent works great, I didnt see it approved by any major racing series at the time, while safecraft was on every race car I saw so we went that route. The whole having to refill/charge the bottle brought up a few concerns of "what ifs". After installing Rays and seeing how nice the safecraft kit was, it just became my go to suggestion.

Good video. Not everything applies to us but there are plenty of good info.

I think I'd like more than 5 or 2 lbs if I'd ever install something like that.

I didn't have room for anything more then a 5lb in the bottom of Rays buggy, its stashed under a seat next to the atlas. Just enough space to peek under the seat to check the gauge from time to time.

It is really just a matter of how important it is to you and your risk tolerance. I'm sure some make sure they have room for a 40qt cooler, spare tire, tools, stereo, etc. Seems like a shoe box sized insurance policy isn't too crazy of thing to prioritize.

It is really just a matter of how important it is to you and your risk tolerance. I'm sure some make sure they have room for a 40qt cooler, spare tire, tools, stereo, etc. Seems like a shoe box sized insurance policy isn't too crazy of thing to prioritize.

Rays lil buggy doesnt have room for a tire/tools or a stereo but I made sure to leave a spot to put the safecraft bottle:dblthumb:

Well i my case , it is a race car .That does not have a radio or cooler,very few tools but it does have a spare tire. We are already required to have 2, 2.5 lb bottle on the exterior and 1 2.5 lbs one the interior. I will be studying on how to get the 4th 5 lb bottle on there.

Well i my case , it is a race car .That does not have a radio or cooler,very few tools but it does have a spare tire. We are already required to have 2, 2.5 lb bottle on the exterior and 1 2.5 lbs one the interior. I will be studying on how to get the 4th 5 lb bottle on there.
I hear you. And it isn't a criticism, just the way I look at it. They will eventually be as common as harnesses. With popularity comes insurance costs. On that same note, some consider the weight savings worth it to not have fire extinguishers I'm sure.

We never went with the coldfire kit, Ray ordered the safecraft LT when it came time to get the parts here. We talked bout the coldfire, it was fairly new at the time, and ol Gregg took to long to respondmolaugh
Im sure the coldfire agent works great, I didnt see it approved by any major racing series at the time, while safecraft was on every race car I saw so we went that route. The whole having to refill/charge the bottle brought up a few concerns of "what ifs". After installing Rays and seeing how nice the safecraft kit was, it just became my go to suggestion.
Got ya. I'm sure they are both good. I definitely don't regret the cold fire. I like the ability to recharge and re fill it. I know I wouldn't change the other kind out after 5 years like you are supposed to.

Bringing this thread back up with some interesting info from a similar discussion over on Irate4x4.

IMG_2172.png
IMG_2165.png
IMG_1985.png

Latest posts