• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

More logging on Expressway

jam session

I was just up at Walker last Sat. Was surprised to find the trail to mainline and the south side of expressway blocked by logging. This is the left turn from the new logging road at the top. We were able to go right instead down the north side of Expressway which still connects down to Mainline on that side. Does anyone have info on the logging schedule/plans? Sure disappointing what happened over on Timber Tamers which is now a clear cut.

Unfortunately they do not know the exact times the logging will happen on a timber sale site, but they do inform at the usergroup meetings when they have a new sale...I wish it was more realtime info, but by going to the meetings and obtaining this info, one might be able to track it a little better?

Usually, from the time of sale confirmation, the logging co. has 2 yrs to complete the site...

We run into the same issues at Elbe. The DNR puts language into the contract to "try" to protect the trail and keep it open during logging but enforcing it is a very low priority. The DNR is there to get money from the timber and really doesn't give a **** what we think about trail access or damage.

It was pretty clear the trail was intentionally blocked by felling a whole bunch of small trees all along it. I wish I had continued walking farther to see whether you could access south expressway from the mainline side. Don't understand why they did this, it was clearly not part of the normal logging activity. I assume they are just keeping us out of the area but did not see any signs posting what is open and what is not.

Walker is pretty much one big clear cut now.

So is there still enough wheelin ground open to make it worth going for the day? I only live 30 minutes away from Walker and I'm trying to go somewhere on Saturday (27th) and was thinking of hitting Walker but don't want to waste a day driving around looking at closed off trails instead of wheeling somewhere. Any info is appreciated and also anyone want to meet up for some wheeling somewhere Saturday?

There was a bunch of us at Walker last saturday Tony, and there is enough to go have fun...The closed spots aren't a deal breaker...

Going there tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up. My friend is doing a shake down run and will meet at the parking lot before 10.