• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

More ls help needed

extremetownie

My motor will not idle. It it will fire and idle foe about 2 or 3 seconds. There is no throttle response. I am getting 120,220, 1516 code. How do i trouble shot the problem. Is it the throttle body,peddle,black box thing, or something else?

My motor will not idle. It it will fire and idle foe about 2 or 3 seconds. There is no throttle response. I am getting 120,220, 1516 code. How do i trouble shot the problem. Is it the throttle body,peddle,black box thing, or something else?
It's in alarm mode but unfortunately I don't know how to help. But daughters did the same thing

Yes stock harness stock management, Tuned speed density. It ran when parked just dont know what or how to check.

Have you double checked the fuses and connectors? Put a voltmeter to the TPS sensor via the backside of it. I believe the grey wire is power from the ECM and the black wire is ground from ECM. The remaining wire should send the signal back to the ECM. Power should be 5 volts DC or something like that . Another check is have someone watch the throttle body when the key is turned on. The TPS should cycle a small amount to make sure the throttle plate is set correctly. It may just be stuck and not moving since the vehicle was sitting. This would throw of the return signal and cause the ECM to believe it is a failed sensor putting it into safety mode.

The codes make it look like a stuck or dead throttle body.

I had similar issues when running a K&N/AEM open tube intake. The throttle blade would get sticky/dirty and it would shut down.

That helps , i have a spare throttle body i can plug in to see if it works. I can hear the butterfly cycle when i turn on the ignition. Should i be able to see the butterfly move with the ignition on,not running with the pedal being depressed?

NEVER MIND i found it. I pinched a wire when i bolted down the bell housing. Not between the bell housing and the motor,between the bolt head and the bell housing. I am a loser.

Latest posts