• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mt. Rainier Hikin' 8-13/14-10

This was the view all weekend. Sorry the pics seem a little dark, i had my camera set a little to dark...:booo:

IMG_8756Large.jpg

IMG_8757Large.jpg

This "Mermut" :redneck: came right up to us carrying a baby mermut, walked right on by and on down the trail.
IMG_8762Large.jpg

On the Wonderland Trail, headed to Mystic Lake.
IMG_8765Large.jpg

IMG_8769Large.jpg

IMG_8770Large.jpg

IMG_8785Large.jpg

IMG_8791Large.jpg

We had plans to try to reach Mystic Lake, but our lazy butts weren't up to the last two miles around Winthrop Glacier.
IMG_8792Large.jpg

You could hear rocks crashing down as things melted and let loos some pretty hefty rocks, we heard and saw dust from maybe 1 mile from the glacier from the rocks crashing down.:awesomework:
IMG_8798Large.jpg

The waterfall and bridge we ate lunch and tucked our tails and went back at.:booo:
IMG_8803Large.jpg

On our way back up...
IMG_8813Large.jpg

SkyScraper Peak?!
IMG_8816Large.jpg

Looking down into the Berkley Park area.
IMG_8818Large.jpg

IMG_8821Large.jpg

Here you can see all the trails, Wonderland, Berkley Park, Burroughs Mtns.(sort of)
IMG_8822Large.jpg

THE FLOWERS! THE FLOWERS! (and no, i didnt take this picture! :fawkdancesmiley:)
IMG_8825Large.jpg

There was a gaggle of goats on the hill, prob. between 20-30 head. :cool:
IMG_8831Large.jpg

IMG_8856Large.jpg

Saturday we planned to hik from camp at White River up the Glacier Basin, up to the Burroughs Mtn, over to Sunrise and back down to camp via the Wonderland Trail. It was steep climbing, but WAY worth the views.

IMG_8863Large.jpg

This little lake will be seen later in the onslaught of pics.
IMG_8876Large.jpg

IMG_8877Large.jpg

Next to the washout, there was a WTA group working on the reroute. You can tell a lot of work has been put into the trail up there.:awesomework:
IMG_8880Large.jpg

IMG_8884Large.jpg

You can see what i think is the trail to go for the summit here....to the left of the penis glacier.:redneck:
IMG_8895Large.jpg

On the trail between the Glacier Basin and Burroughs.
IMG_8906Large.jpg

IMG_8909Large.jpg

Last edited:
Same Ole Mtn...
IMG_8919Large.jpg

IMG_8929Large.jpg

Looking down the trail we came up.
IMG_8945Large.jpg

Lokking up the trail we have to go.
IMG_8949Large.jpg

Looking towards the "3rd" Burroughs Mtn.
IMG_8950Large.jpg

The lake from the Glacier Basin Tr. Seen from up above.
IMG_8956Large.jpg

IMG_8960Large.jpg

Looking towards the Sunrise Lodge.
IMG_8966Large.jpg

Here's your sign:
IMG_8969Large.jpg

IMG_8978Large.jpg

And a bird i chased down the trail for 100yds. :redneck:
IMG_8981Large.jpg

You should check out the summerland trail, the trailhead is just down from the white river campground. The hike itself isnt anything special but once your there it is extremely worth it. There is a campground there also so you can camp and have time to explore around.