• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Muddy Water is NOT your friend

Trainwreckinseattle

mr tool shed
So this isn't directed at all to anyone perticular.

I have recieved a few calls this week so far about HYDROLOCKED 22RE's. Even a friend of mine. I rebuilt his motor only a year ago :mad::mad:

First off the intake is a horrible design. :eeek: I recommend snorkles people. .:awesomework:
Even ":rb:" homo made ones are better than a blown engine.

But none the less please people. I want to sell motors but not like this. Deep water should not be crossed at full throttle in 4th gear. It will COST a lot of money. :booo:

I actually just pulled a motor today for a customer because of this exact problem.:puke:

Also on a side note. The nice mocha colored water is BAD especially when it is DEEP. It has a lot of silt. This EATS everything from clutch pilot and throw out bearings, to wheel bearings to just about everything on a rig. It's HORRIBLE because it is so thin. It can find it's way into just about anything. Thick mud isn't as bad at all.

Anyways this is just a PSA carry on. :beer:

Last edited:
Um ...........

Thick mud isn't as bad on our wheelers. Because it can't get into as many critical places.

the thin soup is bad. And hydrolocked motors are bad.

:hi:benevolent mods

Last edited:
You should like it Patric when dumb asses drive through water thats too deep. That = more engine sales for you.:D
Now whens my engine going to be done because I'm going to try and kill the one in my rig in the water at reiter this weekend:kiss:

You should like it Patric when dumb asses drive through water thats too deep. That = more engine sales for you.:D
Now whens my engine going to be done because I'm going to try and kill the one in my rig in the water at reiter this weekend:kiss:

I call shotgun!!!

I have a chevy 350, with a regular circle style air filter on top, if I go through regular water, will my motor be ok? Instead of going through the silty stuff?

how do I tell if my snorkel is a :rb: homo?

it is a pvc homejobber, and ugly as fawk!

is that the dead give-away?

on a side note...if I hydro my ****, I'll know who to call:redneck:

I have a chevy 350, with a regular circle style air filter on top, if I go through regular water, will my motor be ok? Instead of going through the silty stuff?

I have a stock 400 Ford with a regular circle style air filter on top... I went through a tank trap and the motor went dead. I don't know if it was from water shorting out the spark plugs, or sucking in too much water through the air filter. I would say it was silty stuff after I stirred it up a little bit... But unlike Yota's I was able to drive it home :fawkdancesmiley:

I've got a 1997 Geo metro that has the big block 4cylinder in it...

I drive it threw a huge mud puddle at the end of my driveway every day, I'd say it can be 12" deep at times...

Is my motor gonna be fine???

Should I build a snorkel for it???:redneck:

I am serious.

I say the BS posts get deleted. What ever mod patrols this area. Clean this up as you see fit. Please :awesomework:

There are more than you 8 goof balls on this fourum ya know. I know what I can and can't take my toyota into. And I'm sure the know it alls know what they can take their junk into. But there are plenty of newer guys who might think about it if there was constructive talk here.:fawkdancesmiley:

Like as in tank traps..... I feel they should be left to the 44" swamper Chevys and "Cars". Even then Silt is working it's magic.:booo:

:corn:

I am serious.

I say the BS posts get deleted. What ever mod patrols this area. Clean this up as you see fit. Please :awesomework:

There are more than you 8 goof balls on this fourum ya know. I know what I can and can't take my toyota into. And I'm sure the know it alls know what they can take their junk into. But there are plenty of newer guys who might think about it if there was constructive talk here.:fawkdancesmiley:

Like as in tank traps..... I feel they should be left to the 44" swamper Chevys and "Cars". Even then Silt is working it's magic.:booo:

:corn:
I was tryin' to humor ya...and yeah, Ima big goofball. even bigger smartass....get used to it:fawkdancesmiley:

I might be a noob to this site, and yota's...but smart enough to let someone try 1st ...not my 1st day in the woods:;

oh , and HELL NO I didn't put this doofy lookin' snorkel on it...but I might have to try it out after this thread:corn:

For NW Wheeling..... Toyotas need TWO things.

1: A FAWKING GD ALARMI'm sick and tired of hearing about stolen and stipped out Toyotas.

2: A snorkle or a driver who knows to take it a little easy when going through Deep Water.