• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Muzzle loaders

Toddy

Thinking about getting a new muzzle loader. Got an old Remington 700 now. Good shooting gun but I want something in stainless.

What's the best guns out there? Not looking to break the bank but want a nice gun.

I've had my .50cal CVA wolf for about 4 years now. Good gun for the money. Put a 3-9x40 on it and its held up well. The bore is a little pitted from forgetting to clean it one time but it still shoots true. Might pick up another one so whoever hunts with me during ML can have something to shoot if they don't normally hunt ML season. Usually peak rut in WNC and Central VA where I hunt. $255 at Grabagun. For something that I fire maybe 3x a year on a good season, it fits the bill just fine.

Kinda the same boat I'm in. We started getting a group together to hunt once a year and my brother doesn't have a muzzle loader. Prob had mine close to 20 years so never hurts to have another in the safe.

My buddy has a CVA optima he want rid of, but it's just because he can't hit a bull in the ass with it. It's brand new bought it last year. Might get it and shoot it just to see if it's him or if it really won't shoot.

Wish Remington still made muzzle loaders. I love my 700 but it's been abused from not cleaning it when I didn't know any better. Gotta get it out and lube it up and get bolt unstuck every year seems like.

Toddy said:
Kinda the same boat I'm in. We started getting a group together to hunt once a year and my brother doesn't have a muzzle loader. Prob had mine close to 20 years so never hurts to have another in the safe.

My buddy has a CVA optima he want rid of, but it's just because he can't hit a bull in the ass with it. It's brand new bought it last year. Might get it and shoot it just to see if it's him or if it really won't shoot.

Wish Remington still made muzzle loaders. I love my 700 but it's been abused from not cleaning it when I didn't know any better. Gotta get it out and lube it up and get bolt unstuck every year seems like.

I'm pretty sure that Remington just came out with a new muzzleloader this year. I can't remember the name of it though.

Re:

I swapped my T/C pro hunter .50 off awhile back, I loved that rifle, stainless, black synthetic furniture, and the fast thread breach plug, that gun was tough to beat, shot true too!! Guy wanted it a lot worse than me after he witnessed a really lucky 150+ yd shot lol. I planned on getting a Savage 110 .50 b/c they claim it shots smokeless powder and can handle the pressures??

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

I bought a cva wolf 5 years ago cuz I wanted to dabble in muzzle loading , I figured I'd upgrade later of I enjoyed it, well 5 years later I've killed 6 deer with it and it's now one of my favorite funs I use it all the time and just carried it bear hunting , easy to use , clean and cheap, they make several versions of it, I put a straight 4 power weaver scope on it, I shoot 100 grain pellets and sabots , I do also like the bone collector series but they are pretty pricey... Can't best CVA on price

I would go with the 45 cal. if you don't have a preference because you can get one with magnum chamber and find 150 gr bullets for it. It makes for higher bullet speed which drops less, for longer range shooting. also opt for the 209 shot gun primers