• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My boring DD build

The real question is, how many times will you get in and try and use the column shifter before you go "oh yeah, Im a dumbass" before you take it out. :D

~T.J.

Maybe I should put a clutch pedal in it too and really fawk a thief up. :haha:

It lives! It goes into all gears and runs great. :cheer: Can't wait to get my drive shafts back and go for a drive.... I'm gonna call tomorrow morning and see what's up with them.

Maybe I should put a clutch pedal in it too and really fawk a thief up. :haha:

It lives! It goes into all gears and runs great. :cheer: Can't wait to get my drive shafts back and go for a drive.... I'm gonna call tomorrow morning and see what's up with them.

I have to say......not an exploder fan, but mad props for the swap. Are you a Fawkk.......er, I mean Ford mechanic by trade??
Great work.:clappy:

:nana1:

SUNP0131.jpg

SUNP0132.jpg

SUNP0134-1.jpg

It needs some more tweaking... it shifts way to early... so the vacuum modulator needs to be adjusted.. It has a pretty bad flare on the 2-3 shift so I need to get a shift kit into it. The 2.8L C5 torque converter has WAAAAAAAAAY to much stall. It flashes to 3200 and sits there unless you let off or the vehicle speed matches that RPM. It's pretty much undriveable on the freeway. At 65ish.. it turns 3200 perpetually and if you give it gas to accelerate or go up a hill... it goes to 3500 and sits there.... I don't' think the lockup works or it isn't in this converter.. Besides being a huge waste of gas that's gotta be getting the fluid nuclear hot. :eek:

I'm gonna have to look for another converter or have one made for it.

Last edited:
Glad to see you got it out. A little tweaking and then we can take it out to the track. See if you can take my ZJ just don't blow up the TC trying. :D

Fix what? I own 4 Fords... you will have to be more specific as to what I fixed on which one. :flipoff:

Thats funny right there.

Those duff arms weren't on there very long... You make any threatening phone calls to mr. james duff yet? They gona work with you on this??

Fix what? I own 4 Fords... you will have to be more specific as to what I fixed on which one. :flipoff:

Tighten the lose nut behine the wheel and you woun't have so may problems :fawkdancesmiley:

The wheeler, The Duff arm, The Bronco II and the one you won't let me push with my rig. :D

Thats funny right there.

Those duff arms weren't on there very long... You make any threatening phone calls to mr. james duff yet? They gona work with you on this??

fawk no... I Haven't bothered... I bought them used as is from them. My buddy is fixing them and eliminating their prototype mistakes...

I put the stock junk back onto it and wheeled it Sunday. Where have you been?

Now back to my explorer, damnit. :fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:
There's a definite difference on the fin angle between the two converters..
SUNP0053-2.jpg

I got it done. It works well. About 1600 stall under light throttle, and will go to 2200 with heavy throttle. The trans shifts allot better too. Not has hard as the Bronco's, but it will probably shift harder the more I drive it.... like they all seem to.

Next up... ball joints, wheel bearings, and radius arm bushings... then maybe I can start driving it and not have to do anything for a while... rolleyes.gif