• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My life long project (or so it seems

blackcj71

Well heres my heep after about 3 years of pulling the motor out.... Ran out of money so the thing sat for couple years until about a year ago i finally had enough parts to put her back together... Installed new motor/trans/tcase/ pulled all the wiring out of the jeep and built my own harnes, new dash, roll cage. Had a 4.3L lined up but a got a free van with a 5.7L so decided to go that route, My trans shop that we use hooked me up with a Free built th350, and traded some parts for a dana 300Heres a few pictures:corn:

Last edited:
And how it currently is sitting... Current status, runs and drives need to install a different fuel regulator current one is maxed out and have abit of a hesitation fuel pressure is alittle low, and rear axle needs to be pushed back about 4-5" and rear driveline...

Last edited:
I like it, lines on the cage look good. I say put a rear drive line in and
test it out a bit before the axle move..

I like it, lines on the cage look good. I say put a rear drive line in and
test it out a bit before the axle move..

Wellll i would except i mounted my drivetrain up pretty high and now my Dline angle is to steep and bindes up with any droop. I mounted it up with the intentions of moving the axle back and achieving almost flat belly but i have lost my parking spot at our shop to work on it for awhile. So it gets to sit under a tarp for awhile until i finish her up or can find someone to finish it for me. :booo::booo:

Looks nice.:awesomework: The front driveline looks too close to the crossmember though.

Even with new poly motor mounts, and tranny mount, and extra support, Mine would torque over, and hit the crossmember. I needed around a half inch or better to stop the problem.

Its hard to tell in the pic how much you've got. Just a heads up on what I went through.

That thing is looking really nice man, the angles on that cage make your jeep look pretty menacing. Now hurry up and finish it, I'm gonna want to go wheeling with you in a few months.:awesomework:

Okay more progress done... Finally got off my ass and got motivated. I ended up pulling out my RE 1.5 springs from the rear and swapping them out with my old YJ springs and rotated the Diff alittle bit. Rear driveshaft works perfect! :cool: Messed with a few wires and buttoned up some loose ends. Still need to build a skid plate, build new tcase shifters for the 300, seatbelts, and...... Go wheeling!!!:cheer:

Alright so alittle update finally, Got some new tcase shifters made up, patched up the floor over the transmission, and got seatbelts all installed. Been driving it around town to get a few miles on it :awesomework: Only thing left to do is load it up and go wheeling!:cheer:

Last edited: