• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My new tow rig...

Its been an expensive few months for the truck, but with this done, the turbo upgraded, and a pair of new batteries (old ones totally crapped out thanks to this lovely cold weather), I should be good to go.

Well I wasn't done spending money. My alternator crapped out (which I'm sure is the cause of my batteries crapping out a while back).

I decided I wanted to put a little more powerful replacement in. I ended up picking up a larger cased 140amp unit (OEM was 110amp) that was an option on 05-06 6.0s. Picked it up from Advanced Autoparts for $160 after tax and a 25% coupon, it is brand new and has a lifetime warranty, so I'm pretty happy about that.

It is basically a direct bolt on. The case needs to be clocked for the wires to line up. The pulley that comes on it is slightly larger diameter, so it is best to swap it with the old pulley. Since it is a larger case, it hits the cradle in the back. Some people just clearance the cradle and some use spacers. I was planning on grinding the cradle, but when i test fit it, I noticed it was hitting my radiator hose (wouldn't have been an issue with the original hose that went through the fan belt), so I decided to go the spacer route instead, 1/8" was all it needed.

1a33d1c03c74c6de19c8f2ad29c15036.jpg

I'm going to rebuild my OEM one to keep as a spare. Found a kit online that was $58 shipped.

Just got back from a 2 week road trip. Drove a total of 1,256 miles. All of my turbo upgrades I did over the winter worked perfectly. Last year year I was getting terrible turbo surge pulling hills on anything hotter than my 25hp towing tunes and was lucky to hit 20psi of boost, this year I was pulling the passes on my 65hp towing tunes making 28psi with zero surge AND lower EGTs.

f3f7533eafd1de8d761620fbad5a7ed6.jpg

Sold the big red ford ....time to upgrade gonna get a newer tundra ...need those creature comforts and the obs didn't have that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk