• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Ranger

It's just a D30, and a Lockright. For how I wheel, I think it will hold up fine. I'm not really a throttle happy person. It sees a lot of daily driving too.

It's just a D30, and a Lockright. For how I wheel, I think it will hold up fine. I'm not really a throttle happy person. It sees a lot of daily driving too.

It's ready for the Busy Wild now Ben, what are you saying "not throttle happy" I've seen different from you like the 197 at Evans?

It's ready for the Busy Wild now Ben, what are you saying "not throttle happy" I've seen different from you like the 197 at Evans?

Sometimes I get pissed. The 197 has done that twice...
For the most part, I'm not

I've wheeled the TTB dana 35 for 6 years, without any problems. A Dana 30 is about equal, the ring and pinion are just a little smaller.
35's and a locker in a Dana 30 isn't exactly uncommon either.

35's will do ok on a 30 but locked you will find that they break easily. I found that out on my cj with mtr's on an open 30.

I got the beadlocks done, and mounted, so I figured I'd throw in some coils I got at the swap meet. The 4" Rusty's Cherokee coils were much taller than I wanted. These 3" or 3.5" RE coils are a bit stiffer and brought the nose down where I want it.

It's time for the "we told you so"'s. I broke the drivers axle shaft, and destroyed the carrier, bearings, and chewed up gears.
I attempted to run the Busy Wild last weekend.
I'm thinking the carrier bearing went out first causing extra stress on the axle. There was a lot of slop in the drive shaft right after the break.

It's getting another Dana 30 for the time being until I can find a deal/ all the parts to do a D44. I already have a line on an EB Dana 44 though.

7 years of wheeling a Ford, never broke a single thing. Throw a Jeep axle in, and it blows second trip out (granted it wasn't the greatest swap choice).

At least it happened on the busy, and when it blew, it BLEW :D .

60's, one day. I have a 60 rear that could go in it, but a drivers drop 60 front is what everybody and thier brother needs.

My cousin has a D44 he'll give me, with Dodge 1/2 tone 5 lug knuckles, so it would be the correct 5x4.5 lug pattern though.

I think Elbe is bad luck. It's where I've broke the most, but go the least.

I did in my track bar in September, because I cheaped out building it:

And packed the clutch full of mud on Valentines day.

nice:beer:
are ya rockin a hp30? one of them with a detroit carrier and some chromos andyou woulda been fine i bet.

Nah, it was a low pinion 30. I had trouble finding a cheap 3.73 hp30.
I have chromos now, but they aren't in it yet.

I had a used bed in the side yard, so I figured I'd get it armored, and ready to go on.
I'm going to incorporate a spare tire carrier into it, as well.
I think using all 6 bed bolts will make it plenty strong.

Latest posts