• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Toy, My Toy, My Toy!!!!!

Mo betta..

So. No real progress.:fawkdancesmiley:
Just looking at the awesome fabrication up front on the truck......
IMG_5915_zps2b14ebaa.jpg

IMG_5914_zpsdeaddedb.jpg

IMG_5916_zpsd1fd39f5.jpg

I never really liked this bumper either..
IMG_5899_zps4375a041.jpg

So I will be going further down the rabbit hole...:haha:
Asked Wes for some help building a spring hanger. He did WAY more than I expected..
IMG_5896_zps04b4341e.jpg

THar she blows!!!
A whale off the forward bow!:haha:
IMG_5909_zps2faaad6e.jpg

A look from down under
w/ some fenders
IMG_5917_zps0928f7ee.jpg

Ready for repurposing
IMG_5921_zpsabe418a9.jpg

Looking at the spring options.
IMG_5923_zps3e3c443e.jpg

I ended up putting the Mil wrap from the Yota, and the bottom three from the Waggy springs.
IMG_5925_zpsfac31697.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to put it all together with tube....:beer:
cheers

I got somethi9ng done at least.

I happen to come across some tube. So I figured I'd throw it at the truck and see what happens.

This ain't done yet????? :fawkdancesmiley:
You still have that Oly mirror, right???? :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

This ain't done yet????? :fawkdancesmiley:
You still have that Oly mirror, right???? :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

I do have that mirror!!!:fawkdancesmiley:
And no, not done yet:mad:I am just pluggin away...
cheers

I was all up in arms about being helpful, then skipped out on the 4WP playday out at Straddleline.DOH!

But It is for a good reason. Being on a roll and all this weekend I decided to work late into the morning this morning.
When we left I had started tubing some front end...

Then I decided to go ahead and hang some weight .It was nerve racking .Never having done this before I was nervous as hell LOL
After hanging the rezst of the springs and the axle, I figured to hell with it,no time like the present!So I set her on her own front weight

I added the spindles and hubs to the party so I could put some tires on it for the moment.

Pretty cool approach angle so far.....

Messed around with those for a second.Then decided it needed some engine weight just to see if it would all just fall apart!:haha:

Gonna eat some breakfast here, and head back out to actually attack the T-case mount.
Maybe get to the Engine mounts today. At least hopefully have the engine mounts patterned out...
cheers:cool:

:haha: That keeper strap's good for at least 5,500 lbs workign load! i say run that biotch the way she is! :fawkdancesmiley:

So, I think to myself..I can start cycling the front suspension if I get the rearend finished.
I thought I should get the rear diff all figured out to put the spool in. So I tracked down some bearings from McGuire after striking out with every parts store in town this weekend.
In my infinite wisdom I had already taken the rear diff apart. You know, To aid in a speedy reassembly when I got my bearings ....:haha:

I'm so retarded. I have never seen it done, and did not watch a video on it before hand, but...
I marked the side caps , counted the turns out, and proceeded.

Remembered that I forget to do a backlash check beforehand :mad::haha:
The backlash is now set to .0075
Then I put WAY to much paint :mad:

DOH.
I guess I need to clean all that **** off of there. And find some more paint.
Where do I get the paint, or What else can I use to run the pattern?

cheers, and thanks.

Last edited:
If all your changing is the carrier to a spool, set your backlash to .007"ish (spec is .006"-.010", then check the pattern using the GOBS of paint on there! :haha:

I cleaned all that **** off.
Then ran it again.
Looks good according the wide world of net.

Yesterday it was .0075 backlash.
After fiddling with it, and getting her proper.it was .008

[URL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/monstaru/media/Toyota%20stuff/IMG_5958_zps84d7465c.jpg.html]

Got the 3rd installed with black rtv.I then put the wheels on.
:flipoff:
Looks super weird low in the end, .Should settle out with the relaxation of the front springs . Still gotta add a winch .That's another 90 lb's.
It should turn out pretty sweet.
Pure luck for sure.

ran out of pics.
cheers

Last edited:
looking forward

I am hoping that I can keep this setup basically. I like the approach angle whilst maintaining the look of a truck.
another shot of front

So , amazingly enough the places I got ahold of this weekend are completely out of or a few days out on bushings of any kind to fit into 1.75" DOM .120 wall tubing. Even 4WP. The spring Shop in Tacoma also.
Damn. Common Chevy shackle bushings, YJ main eye. Not available RIGHT now.
So I am just gonna order the kits from RuffStuff to hang the Tcase crossmember .That's a couple of days.
I have some smaller bushings laying around that could probably work, but I basically built them non-re buildable. Meaning once the interior sleeve is inserted the bushings will not come out of the DOM kind of non rebuildable..LOL:fawkdancesmiley:
As you can see I reclaimed the winch mounting plate I had already mounted to that horrid bumper. Man , I really did not like that thing. LOL

Just pluggin away. She found me asleep in my seat Friday night.:flipoff:
I wandered out there to take a last gander for the night , and ended up climbing into the truck.:haha:

I actually did get some of the cross member made.
Made the inset mount, and got the main beam laid out to basic length anyway...
Gonna mount it to the frame via bushing mounts in a vertical fashion off the crossmember.
Then build off of that for the skidplates . I want to try an keep the skidplate separate in nature though. Bolted with button heads for the slickability.
The main beam is 3/8ths.Got some 1/4 to come off of that for some t-case blockage.
cheers

Last edited:
To solid mount or not?

I currently am literally working on the T-case mounts and engine mounts. I had originally planned to run solid motor mounts and the stock t-case mounts with a doubled up bushing mount on the crossmember for a little flex.

I don't know where I got that idea. But I think that after reading something just now that kinda made sense to me. I really need to consider either running them all solid or all rubber.
Hrrmmm..

Yeah, you don't want to mix and match. Run either both solid, both poly, or both rubber.

I recommend the 4xinovations tcase mount. They're sweet and have replaceable bushings unlike the TG or factory.

I do have some 3/8" here. I just did poly mounts on my engine and trans mounts. If you go that route everything is real rigid but you feel the vibrations a bit more.

I have the layout figured out.
Just kinda playing with different bushing ideas....
:awesomework:

So, I made some progress on the t-case crossmember over the last couple weeks.

Got the holes drilled in the main beam for access to the transfer case mount.

I don't have a vice to speak of anymore, nor torches here at the howdy, so I had to get creative bending the fishplating for the frameside bushing mounts.

I used the old bumper lol

An overall of where I was kinda at yesterday before I started.

Then adding some fishplate, and rear mounts , so that I can put a skidplate on.

The 2" strap ended up on the floor as I was not able to get the bolts out to take the crossmember off.
I was going to use it in conjunction with some angle iron for the rear mounting surface, but just ended up slapping some angle iron in there...

While I was gone this week the bushing mounts I wanted came in, along with my new 4 rib PS pump pulley, some hood latches , and some new Toyota rear T- case output flange nuts(these happen to be the same as Suzuki output nuts in case ya didna know that.)

Got the mounts all latched together, and went to town on'em.

Then she brought me out some Break/FAST for dinner. Applebutter on grain bread, farm fresh eggs,with applesausage potatoes. MMMMMMMM LOL

So got everything lined up in the truck then took her out and started finish welding her.This is what I have after last night.

I still need to gusset the drivers side rearward tube mount to the main beam, and make the skid plate.
It looks kinda wonky at the rear mounts because it is. I am utilizing the old t-case mounts for a dual case setup back there, and the person who put them in did so in a non congruent fashion...lol So they are not pretty but will work.

This whole setup is all up between the frame rails except the bottom plate of 3/8ths.
cheers

Last edited: