• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Toy, My Toy, My Toy!!!!!

Found a Mercedes v8 Alternator bracket to use for the Alternator.

Started laying out the harness . I feel like it will come out pretty clean. I think I will move it to the drivers side heater hose hole and make the passenger side holes into the heater hose holes.

Got a starter mounted. Gonna have to start looking at actually making the tunnel. There is a ton more to do, but checking off little things will be good. I find that I can't finish some things because of dependency on other things being done. Lots of irons in the fire to tie it all together.:haha:
cheers

I got the pump mounted with an belt tensioner

Then made a couple mistakes ordering exhaust, so I threw together a headder from the crap you can buy anywhere. It actually came out pretty good.lol

Next is notching theoil pan for clearance, so that I can mount bump-stops.Then start running the coolant lines. Now that Elk season is over I can kinda get back to it:awesomework:Once that stuff is done I will move on to gettin the right damn engine in the car!
cheers

So, insted oof notching the oil pan I decided to shorten it. It is something that the VW guys do in sandrails, and mainly Vanagon conversions. I got the oil pan figured out today.

Then I changed my mind about the rear mount radiator.
So I started the mounts .

It feels good to making some progress again.
cheers

Last edited:
Got the oil pickup tube made.
mounted the oil pan for clearance testing, and cut out the pieces I need for the bumpstops.
Cut up a driveline to start making the rear. Gonna turn down one of the flanges today, and see what the angle is looking like.

My buddies started the trans tunnel. umm. moving along. Trying to make the race in Jan.
a lot of the plan has changed as far as the details go for sure. But there is one thing for me that always stands out. Dam, I wanna race. I was born to race.
cheers

Got the driveline slip end lathed down after the grinder didna work worth a sheit.
Have the v6 calipers(IFS brakes,hub conversion) ground down to accept the re-centered HMMWV wheels.
Thinking about tearing out the floor, and starting new with it, and the trans tunnel. I don't really like how cobbled it is looking.

gonna try to accomplish this weekend:
get bumpstops hard tacked
relocate fuel tank into bed, build rear driveline and replace u joints if successful in step one.
electrical box(need to add Amphenol plugs) then build mount in between seats.
Mount battery behind seats start looking at wiring routing
start making gussets for the rest of the cage.

that should keep me pretty busy lol
cheers

No:fawkdancesmiley:

So I Installed the new longer wheel studs.
Found the other two spacers I needed for to mount the drivers side brake caliper. ground the calipers to allow my rims to fit.LOL
Umm, made a battery box and mounted it.
Mounted the fuel tank in the bed.
Wired and mounted the plug for the electrical box( there will be two, but this is just main systems)
Turned down the yokes for the rear driveline, cut some material, and did a test fit. half assed tacked it to see what it would look like.
Got the doghouse supports welded in place.
think thats about it. lol
Gotta start laying out electrical.
need :
actually assemble the front axle now that the brakes are done.
run fuel lines
finish routing wiring.(make said wiring waterproof?)
change fan plugs
make raadiator hoses
finish power steering mount.
fluids
adjust my front bump-stops and burn them in
I May have to give the rear driveline clearance at full stuff. got get it built then

anyways. cheers, I will update pics when I don't need to go to bed for work.LOL

here ya go:flipoff:
studs . I needed more length due to the rims and IFS brake swap.

Amphenol military style plugs. I am using one for now, will add the second as I add accessories.

Everything is soldered then heat shrunk

inside the box is pretty tight, but will be waterproof.

Got the junction block for the truck side all done

brakes figured out with the spacing washer, tapped the caliper w/ fine threads, and will add a low profile locknutson the back as soon as I can find them.lol

Evidently my other photos didna upload.
cheers

once again, as requested. quick and dirty fuel tank mounts.

chunky ass battery box. No style here. lol(actually its really bothering me. but is functional , so.)fawk it.

I'll get some more pics in the next couple days.:awesomework:
cheers

Whats up ?

Ol'lady probs....:mad: I'm so fawkin close too....I can leave it there, and work on it occasionally .at least that's what she says. We'll see.
Too busy trying to get the rest of my life lined out again.
I am still hoping to make the PNW races if they decide to do May.
cheers

What's the score on this thing? Get anything done lately?:fawkdancesmiley::beer: