• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

my toyota dies 30-40 sec

almost not done

i start my toyota up it runs for about 30-40 seconds then dies. I try to start it back up and it wont start let it sit about 5 min it will start up then die again
does anyone know of this.:mad::booo:

sounds like fuel delivery. my last fuel pump would allow the engine to run for about 10-20 seconds. i replaced fuel filter, checked injectors, then installed propane. a buddies pump went out, he installed mine and it did the same thing. investigate that pump.

yea its got spark if i prim the carb like fill the bowl up it runs for a couple min before it dies again but to answear your quetion it dies like it runs out of gas then if i let it sit for a coulple min it will start and run again for 30 40 seconds its irritaiting.

Take it to the Dealer !!!!

Or check a few things out.

How much fuel is in the sight glass?

Have you checked for large vacuum leaks? (this is kinda my guess)

Have you checked to make SURE you have the vacuum lines hooked up RIGHT?

Have you cheked to see if any fuel is squirting out of the main jet while it is running for that 30 seconds?

Does it squirt any fuel when you reach down and manually open the throttle? (do this when the engine is turned off)

These are good carburators that can go 400,000 miles easy. But have a couple simple problems that can come up.

The accelerator pump diaphram can die. It's an easy fix

The main vacuum inlet to the bottom plate can get all plugged up. (The vacuum line goes from the pvc on the valve cover to the center of the bottom plate, drivers side) Easy to check this by pulling it. The engine should instantly die from a HUGE vacuum leak.

That's where I'd start. If all this sounds like a foreign language, I will say again. Take it to the Dealer, or a trusted reputable mechanic who HAS A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH THIS VEHICLE.

Good luck :awesomework:

Latest posts