• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Ultra slow "Bad Finger buggy build "

started playing around with the interior templates. when the aluminum was shipped they put cardboard in between the aluminum pieces and then used 1/8 chip board then banded it together. the cool thing is I got to use them fo rthe templates. anyways this was the outcome of my vision

[/URL

got a little more done on the dash this past weekend. early last week I got the main dash bent up. I was a little freaked out cutting and notching the dash for some reason but i got it.. doesnt look to bad either :) I already had the console part mapped out for gauge location and width and everything. at lunch I'll shear it and bend it up too

progress is bueno and good for my brain

you can see where the dotted lins are in the console is where it will get sheared and the solid line is where i'll bend it. The drilled holes are where I will use a knock out punch for the 2 5/8 gauges

well at lunch I got the console bent up and sheared. got a call from cody that he had the tool to punch out the 2 5/8 holes for the gauges so I ran over to his house and poppd out the holes.. that damn hole punch is bad ass done with all 5 holes in 5 minutes including B.S. ing anyway got home and of course had to mock it up to see how it looks :Big Grin: exactly what I envisioned :cool:

Not much going on right now. I did get the tab's for the dash welded in and the cross bar

first pic here I made a pointed bolt woohoo!! to mark the dash to drill the holes. I put the bolt in my drill and turned my flap disk on and had at it. turned out pretty good

and the dash

done

bolts that are in there will not be staying

NOTHING EXTREAM GOING ON BUT PICKED UP MY HUBS FROM THE MACHINE SHOP. ALSO PLAYED WITH THE SWITCH AND BREAKER LAY OUT ON THE CONSOLE

ALSO GOT THE SEAT MOUNTS IN AND NOW NEED TO GET TABS THEN THE SEATS ARE DONE

PROGRESS ;D

Took some time this weekend and mounted the seat's and center console

Also make the tab template to mount the radiator. I already have the puck's in the pic to weld to the radiator and the ARP 3/8 bolts

well since Im so damn inspired and work has slowed a bit I whipped up this lil beauty and had some cool MOFO in Reno burn it out for me :Big Grin: hell I like it and that's all that matters :cool:

final product

Got the brackets on Saturday and played a bit. here is what it looks like in

pucks bolted on the tab

and tab in

More progress this past weekend. both boys are done with Football so now I have 2 weeks off till Wrestling and Basketball start. I went out and did a super clean on the garage since we got in the habit of dropping stuff off in their and running off to the next thing, that and I needed to make room for Cody to come over and do some more welding anyways we got the motor mounts all burned in, tubes for the seat's burned in, tabs for the seat mounts radiator bracket's and the pucks on the side of the radiator

Seat stuff

Then we moved on to the radiator mounting bracket and puck's :clap:

Well I was sorely mistaken. about the boys having two weeks off. apparently they have the option of going to preseason Basketball and Wrestling so we are doing that. anyways I was out playing around last night attempting to figure more stuff out. I have a cool idea on how I want to mount the fuel cell that will also hold 6-8 quarts of oil. so I played with that and a few other things. while I was out I took a few pics of the rear coilover mounts. just waiting on the lower tabs and I can cycle the rear

also working on a couple storage idea's and shifter mounts. I have this thing about waisted space and using that space for something

I wheeled and dealed...bought sold and traded enough **** to get these

Brand new on weld forged wheels. Not exactly what I wanted but al least she will be a roller now :cougar:

Scored some more parts for the engine. got some F.A.S.T. fuel rails and injectors. my plan this last weekend was to pull the engine and trans out and start the engine build since I have 99% of the parts for it. I also have a crazy idea on paint color for the block and trans. for some reason I feel the need to do it so once I get it done i'll get pics. I didn't get around to pulling the drivetrain for two reason's 1) I displaced 3 ribs and it hurts like hell and 2) the garage is kinda full right now

and the reason the garage is full

So This past weekend not only did the Toyota go off to a new home :( but I traded the big dumb tires off for something a little closer to what I want. also scored a matching pair GM 60 front and 14 bolt rear that I"m sure soon will be up for sale or trade

Since I have this constant desire to upgrade everything.....and I have an HD case th400 that I obtained. I now am going to swap the guts from the rebuild standard th400 case to the new HD case. I'm also going to install a 300m input with new drum and 300m output. I got the output today :cougar:

input should be in next week