• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My wife wants a bouncer??

Toddy said:
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=54418.0

I'd buy something like this. Plenty of motor, plenty of axles, and room tote around tools and cooler. Most bouncer chassis won't have room for a extra coat.

if I was in the market for a sub $30k buggy, I'd definitely have this on my list to look at.

Plus if you decide you need a bigger woopow motor, it's already got the drivetrain to handle it.

A bouncer will do everything you want except haul ****. Sucks having a tool bag w no spares at the passengers feet. Hope you have a camera crew of nut swingers w ya too, bc after you put the small tool bag in there, you have no room for a camera. The guys w the camera are also probably gonna need to carry your spare fuel tank, bc most I've ridden w don't have big enough a tank for a full days riding either.

That jim's buggy is exactly what I'd be looking for if I was in the market right now.

I have a love hate relationship w my tiny chassis I have right now. Going back to at rail rig with storage sure would be nice.

I built my wife the Lady Luck Rockwelled Bouncer . It has a 410hp 347 stroker with a monster c6 and rear steer. Comfortable seats and a wet sounds bar. Cooler mounted on the back. Does she need rear steer and 410 hp!? Hell no she usually gets into more trouble with the rear steer and she never useds the horsepower BUT !!! She loves wheeling HER buggy and it gave her freedom and Independence . She hates riding with me on hard stuff and just wasn't comfortable so now she is enjoying wheeling a lot and loves going on trips . It really justified what we do . She likes showing off the buggy and how it looks etc. she's a girl. With that being said it's a safe reliable well built rig that I never worry about her and safety or it breaking down . If you can swing a better rig up front that your wife likes and she's comfortable .... go for it cuz if she ain't having fun then you ain't having fun!

TBItoy said:
if I was in the market for a sub $30k buggy, I'd definitely have this on my list to look at.

Plus if you decide you need a bigger woopow motor, it's already got the drivetrain to handle it.

That's what I'm thinking except I'm not a fan of the rockwells but I have often thought about room for cooler etc
Never thought about fuel is that common anyone else think most rock bouncer (tube chassis) usually don't have enough fuel for all day

kdoss54 said:
That's what I'm thinking except I'm not a fan of the rockwells but I have often thought about room for cooler etc
Never thought about fuel is that common anyone else think most rock bouncer (tube chassis) usually don't have enough fuel for all day

16-17 gallon cell here. cooler basket over the top of the cell.

filler in middle

Rockwells607 said:
I built my wife the Lady Luck Rockwelled Bouncer . It has a 410hp 347 stroker with a monster c6 and rear steer. Comfortable seats and a wet sounds bar. Cooler mounted on the back. Does she need rear steer and 410 hp!? Hell no she usually gets into more trouble with the rear steer and she never useds the horsepower BUT !!! She loves wheeling HER buggy and it gave her freedom and Independence . She hates riding with me on hard stuff and just wasn't comfortable so now she is enjoying wheeling a lot and loves going on trips . It really justified what we do . She likes showing off the buggy and how it looks etc. she's a girl. With that being said it's a safe reliable well built rig that I never worry about her and safety or it breaking down . If you can swing a better rig up front that your wife likes and she's comfortable .... go for it cuz if she ain't having fun then you ain't having fun!

You build cool **** partner!

Love my bouncer chassis. I'd own multiple just because I love this stuff... the different styles and colors. It's my life. I just deal with the lack of space. I have a buggy bag that cameras, zipties, and other odd end things could go into. Otherwise my spares, tools, and an extra 5 gallons of fuel is sitting in the bed of my truck. It is where we all go back to eat lunch anyway. Some people like being out for 10 hours straight a million miles from the trailer. I'm not down with that no matter how much storage I may have. Haha.

Between the light weight, wheel base, center of gravity, weight distribution... you just feel like you can try any ledge or hill out there (doesn't mean you'll make it. :mad: ;D)

I do have the seat, pedals, shifter, and steering wheel molded around me though. :****:

With that said, it does depend on the wheeling you want to do. I still have a soft spot for a stretched xj on 1 tons. So I appreciate all types of builds, just some rigs will suit others wheeling needs differently.

nhl_bullitt said:
You build cool **** partner!

Love my bouncer chassis. I'd own multiple just because I love this stuff... the different styles and colors. It's my life. I just deal with the lack of space. I have a buggy bag that cameras, zipties, and other odd end things could go into. Otherwise my spares, tools, and an extra 5 gallons of fuel is sitting in the bed of my truck. It is where we all go back to eat lunch anyway. Some people like being out for 10 hours straight a million miles from the trailer. I'm not down with that no matter how much storage I may have. Haha.

Between the light weight, wheel base, center of gravity, weight distribution... you just feel like you can try any ledge or hill out there (doesn't mean you'll make it. :mad: ;D)

I do have the seat, pedals, shifter, and steering wheel molded around me though. :****:

With that said, it does depend on the wheeling you want to do. I still have a soft spot for a stretched xj on 1 tons. So I appreciate all types of builds, just some rigs will suit others wheeling needs differently.

Yeah no kidding, I'd build a rig for every park if I could.

I'd love to have a small chassis bare bones crawler/bouncer to take to parks, and a street legal one ton rig to trail ride

I'd go for reliability and it being comfortable. And of course its gotta look good. lol I touch up paint on mine after every ride :****: wouldn't hurt to get something that wouldn't be tough on resale. Sammy buggies are hot right now!