• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My XJ Cage install pics

Avanteone

Here's the basic finished product:

OK, here's the rest of the pics from today. I'm pretty much finished other than some paint, add the padding, etc. ENJOY:

090457ab.jpg

c84d54ea.jpg

b42594de.jpg

b9e282da.jpg

bb51206f.jpg

9b249473.jpg

bc1efbee.jpg

af39b869.jpg

2f532bc1.jpg

0dbe848c.jpg

993b22b9.jpg

62c8d412.jpg

aff806a8.jpg

e5a265f2.jpg

8dae3487.jpg

e91094f1.jpg

6102f36b.jpg

The rest of the install pics can be seen here if interested:
http://www.pnwjeep.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5369

I moved this into the garage--seems more suitable for this area :D

Its by time you get that thing in there j/k good work....

its a prefab kit i believe....looks good though John....won't end up like the last XJ now :kissmyass:

floor plates look to small for my tastes. if i were you i would tie some suspension seats and harnesses into the cage and let the cherokee disingrate around you.

--toyguy--- said:
floor plates look to small for my tastes. if i were you i would tie some suspension seats and harnesses into the cage and let the cherokee disingrate around you.

:haha:

The front floor plates tie into a piece of 10x11" 1/4" plate that is between the "frame" and my 3x6" rockers. The main hoop plates are directly over the unibody "frame" rail, so there's also lots of sheet metal there. The rears are tied in directly above the leaf spring mounts so there's lots of extra material there as well. I know they're not ideal, but this is extra protection in ADDITION to being a full bodied rig. I should have my PRP seats in approx. two weeks ;) I am adding a tube between the front tube and the main hoop, then tieing them into the trans. tunnel as well, which I will plate heavily to spread the load.

John

--toyguy--- said: