• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My yota axle questions thread...

kushKrawlin

Now that I'm messing with these I have had several questions .. I figure instead of starting a new threads when I can't find the answer , Just want y'all's input I would start this thread, where I can just put my questions here.. And save folks the misery of different threads with dum questions...
Ok #1.. I'm missing misc hardware., studs, cone washers, backing plate, ETc. soooo, here it is.. Would someone please tell me that it is not necessary to buy ****ing stud kit For 100 buks!!! please !
#2 where the hell does one buy nic nacs like that?
Thanks.. I'll have more. I'm more greatful than yall know for the help fellas. :****:

If you have mini truck axles and are looking for cone washers and knuckle studs, Check Trail Gear, Poly Performance, Marlin Crawler. Marlin sells knuckle rebuild kits with all the wear items felts etc. If you are going larger yota FJ 80 size get with Slee off road they are the FJ gurus.

Re:

Dealer.

My local dealer usually keeps hardware like that in stock, and for reasonable prices.

You don't need backing plates.

What exactly are you needing, I have a dozen ammo cans full of misc Toyota hardware, I can probably help you out.

Re: My yota axle questions thread...

I as well have buckets of hardware. Post up what your looking for and someone can help ya out

Sent from a undisclosed thinkin spot...

Trail gear is the cheapest, get on pirate and get quotes from several TG vendors for the best prices, usually with free shipping

Or if you need a good reason to burn a few down...look into upgrading to larger hardware in the hubs. There's a few writeups out there on the subject...

Start at post #75 in this thread... http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/706547-7-16th-locking-hub-bolts-2.html

You'll spend some time doing the work, but in the end you'll have a stronger setup with less parts and should only cost around $45 in hardware. Not to mention it eliminates the cone washers. This is on my to do list if/when I notice that my hub studs or their holes are showing wear.

Trail Gear

Our boy Dave should be able to hook you up with the majority of it... I too have a ton of misc Toyota hardware laying all over the place. If we end up riding again soon ill bring it all to you thumb.gif

If you're having to buy replace/buy new studs anyway, you would be alot better off to either use the bigger stud like said before or upgrade to Arp hardware.
I never really had issues with hub studs but I have had my fill of knuckle steering stud problems in the past.

Here's where it all starts, just a upgrade here and there, and bam! Before you know it, you got 2500 in a set of Toyota axles.

zukimaster said:
Here's where it all starts, just a upgrade here and there, and bam! Before you know it, you got 2500 in a set of Toyota axles.

exactly...
so just buy my built set for $1500... win win for both of us and call it a day

zukimaster said:

And if you stick with a 4cyl, and a lightweight rig, they will last forever and you'll have a great lightweight set of axles...

But as soon as you get the hankering for more pow'r and swap in more woo pow then your ring gears, or pinion shafts, or carriers go KApow

Samurai motor. Never goin with more power .. I dont ever see that happening. I don't know **** about any of this stuff. Hell I just got the hang of tons and v8 ****.. And still learnin a few years later. This is some foreign **** to me. I actually thought about making a wanted ad. I knew a couple that would have parts for yotas like I do bullshit for 60/14 ****. BUT here's where I'm at...
Ok, Kel (lowbudgetjunk) , being one of the coolest dudes ya ever will meet, was nice enough to let me get these axles.. Seeing as how I dug this dam samurai out of the jungle, I figured I could use them. I have bought a rebuild kit from Poolman, I think it's pretty much all there. I have piddled with cleaning the axles really good, trussing **** , and now I'm sittin looking at a pile of axle parts that I have never assembled or messed with. Keep in mind that it's just me. :spin:
Now it's time to put these fukers back together.. And I'm missing petty **** that most folks throw in a bucket.. I then look for parts and dam near have a Fukin heart attack when I see the studs and the prices. **** hell no way I'm paying. 100 buks for the studs... I do indeed want a set of nice yota axles, I will text you broady. (Dammit i forgot to hit u back the other day.) Anyways, back to my lil part dilemma ..
- im short 3 knuckle studs.
-I only have 3 cone washers. So I guess I need 13 come washers.
- I have one backing plate. ok, so when u say I don't need Em, does something the same thickness have to go back in its spot? Or just leave em out? Or order the backing plate eleminators that I saw?
And one of the small screws in the side of round part of the knuckle had Broke off in the hole. Don't even as how, but I managed to drill it out and tried it with another screw and it worked!!! Woooo hooooo. Fukin never happens.
I realize that this is horseshit. I'm used to it.. Ha. Thanks for any help or advice. I would gladly buy these few parts if possible. Text me or pm me. I'm ready to put these fukers back together. Has taken me a wile to get all the parts to do it.
Casey 4048892714

Re:

Ecgs keeps everything you need in stock they have stock and aftermarket studs and washers call them you will have it all in 2 days

kushKrawlin said:
- im short 3 knuckle studs.
-I only have 3 cone washers. So I guess I need 13 come washers.
- I have one backing plate. ok, so when u say I don't need Em, does something the same thickness have to go back in its spot? Or just leave em out? Or order the backing plate eleminators that I saw?
And one of the small screws in the side of round part of the knuckle had Broke off in the hole. Don't even as how, but I managed to drill it out and tried it with another screw and it worked!!! Woooo hooooo. Fukin never happens.
I realize that this is horseshit. I'm used to it.. Ha. Thanks for any help or advice. I would gladly buy these few parts if possible. Text me or pm me. I'm ready to put these fukers back together. Has taken me a wile to get all the parts to do it.
Casey 4048892714

If you just want to get some good **** and not have to **** around with it,
I'd get Dave's to quote you a "super metal" steering stud kit (will come with cone washers and nuts), backing plate eliminators, trail-safe inner axle seals, trail-safe knuckle seals.

All that should be ~$150

OR

What does the rebuild kit you got have in it?

I most likely have the knuckle studs and cone washers you need.

There are some good deals there Casey, I picked up a set of studless hubs (been riding with 4 studs on one side and 5 on the other for a year now) :wtflol: