• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches 18-19

It's probably going to be closed, so you should just stay home! I definitely wouldn't try camping by the river either, I hear there's bears and **** up there. :flipoff:

as long as it opens on wednesday the 15th, a big group of us will be up there campin and watching all the crazies on the rocks that weekend.

http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62193

Official Word from the Naches OHV Ranger ( I know him very well)

Clover Way Road/FS1601 is closed

Glass Creek Road/FS 1605 is closed

Bald Mountain Road/FS1701 is open

Rock Creek Road/FS 1702 is closed

Gold Creek Road/FS 1703 is closed

Spring Creek is open

Milk Creek Road/FS 1708 is closed

Little Naches Road/FS 19 is open although it should have a one lane restriction installed before you get to Kaner Flats campground.

These closed roads can be expected not to open this year. There is a signed order and they are barricaded.

Bald Mountain is still snowed in expect downed trees and storm damage that we have not seen as of yet due to the fact we have been unable to access much of the trail system. Should still be 3 feet of snow at Lilly Pond. The entire ridge still has lots of snow. The report is that there is 200% snow depth for this time of year.

Stay safe and Tread Lightly. The closure that is lifted June 15th was put in place because of trail damage resulting from wet trails. The trails are wetter this year than last.

Also Chinook Pass is not expected to open untill the end of June.

Coming in from the Eberg side is tough due to closures of the access roads over there. go to www.cleelumtrails.com for info.

1701 is fine, just drove over it today, 4wd not needed. There seems to be about as much snow there now as there usually is memorial weekend. The eburg side is doable if you know a lot of the side roads but it would be a long drive.

Cant you just cut through that pit everyone goes shooting at and head up the ridge from there on the e-burg side?

Cant you just cut through that pit everyone goes shooting at and head up the ridge from there on the e-burg side?

No, our really neat DFW have closed the road going out of the mellegard bowl. Or if your talking about the barber spring turn off, the road is legally :; closed before that. The most direct legal :; way is 1701 on the naches side. The roads in the manastash and taneum are not impassable just legally closed.

That sounds like something they would do...

So, do you think theres "any" chance at all we can get to the rocks from the 1900 side? Last year we hit snow right at the top of 5 fingers and it got deep by the last little hill you have to climb to get out to where it opens up and heads to the rocks. The Sheriff we talked to last year said there was NO way anyone was going to make it over to the rocks with all the snow but it wasn't that bad. Im also curious to see how much traffic we run into and what shape the trails are in after this weekend.

That sounds like something they would do...

So, do you think theres "any" chance at all we can get to the rocks from the 1900 side? Last year we hit snow right at the top of 5 fingers and it got deep by the last little hill you have to climb to get out to where it opens up and heads to the rocks. The Sheriff we talked to last year said there was NO way anyone was going to make it over to the rocks with all the snow but it wasn't that bad. Im also curious to see how much traffic we run into and what shape the trails are in after this weekend.

The FS 1708 (Milk Creek) is closed. To get to the bottom of "Five Finger" or "Woodpecker Alley" you need to come across 'Lilly Pond" then go up. We have reports that the road has slumped further and may not be passable. I should be able to get there next weekend and see.

Bald Mtn still has lots of snow but with the warm weather it should be clear soon. The 694,695, 670 trails should be clear. Treat the 670 trail gingerly or it may be closed until things dry out.

The Kaner will have snow for a while longer. Rocky Saddle or Tipover will have snow. Shoestring should still have snow on at least the upper section.

There looked to still be quiet a bit of snow at the rocks when I drove 1701. It was on all the surrounding hills. I don't know the trail numbers but the trail that starts with the steep hill climb and then runs the ridge before dropping into the trees and the creek crossing that end up on the east side of the moon rocks will certainly be doable. Tripod flats into the rocks will be snowy the whole way. My group is going up tripod or up to wells meadow and then down shoestring.

What route are you taking Friday? Maybe I will follow you out

Should be pulling out of Tenino with the truck and trailer at 5 or 6 depending on what happens at work (maybe a little sooner?) then im gona waste some diesel and see how fast I can get to naches!

Got back from the tripod and shoestring trail yesterday, still lots of snow. We ran into some FS rangers and talked for a minute (they were closing the wooden bridge trail out of Riders camp). Cle Elum districs plan is to shut all access to the Manastash off. If you want to hit the 4x4 trails go through naches or Wenas. They have put up barries on the green dots when you hit FS land. The taneum bike trails are open but you have to take the Exit 93 road and then over cedar creek, a long bumpy ride especially with a bike in you truck. The rangers were nice and seemed frusterated at the closures. It was a decision by admin to do so, not on the rangers advice. The manager of the Cle Elum district needs to be contacted to let it be known that this is unacceptable. They are closing an entire area due to three wash outs, two of which are easily bypassed with out the FS having to do any work, the other washout would take half a day to fix. This follows their history of dealing with a problem by just closing the area.

You guys just have to realize it has nothing to do with the condition of the roads or bridges and everything to do with the oppression of freedom. Big Brother knows it can shut down an area permanently by simply cutting off all access routes from the outside. No need to endure the public wraith sure to come if the FS Rangers ( read: huge entitlement program) announced their true wish, to permanently close all Cle Elm district trails. This year they will simply lie about road conditions and close all access.

I'm sure some roads are damaged. I am also sure some roads have signs at their very beginnings warning people not to go past or they'll get ticketed, impounded, etc.

Someone should take their Go Pro camera and shoot video from a road closed sign all the way to the campground or the rocks. Show US what the FS says is impassable. Until then our only options are deal with the extortion ring the Cle Elm Rangers set up on Naches road to assault tax paying Americans for lack of 110% street legality or start building our own trails to connect up with the existing trail system. These are the two choices our tax dollars have left us this year.

Its just the truth people.

You guys just have to realize it has nothing to do with the condition of the roads or bridges and everything to do with the oppression of freedom. Big Brother knows it can shut down an area permanently by simply cutting off all access routes from the outside. No need to endure the public wraith sure to come if the FS Rangers ( read: huge entitlement program) announced their true wish, to permanently close all Cle Elm district trails. This year they will simply lie about road conditions and close all access.

I'm sure some roads are damaged. I am also sure some roads have signs at their very beginnings warning people not to go past or they'll get ticketed, impounded, etc.

Someone should take their Go Pro camera and shoot video from a road closed sign all the way to the campground or the rocks. Show US what the FS says is impassable. Until then our only options are deal with the extortion ring the Cle Elm Rangers set up on Naches road to assault tax paying Americans for lack of 110% street legality or start building our own trails to connect up with the existing trail system. These are the two choices our tax dollars have left us this year.

Its just the truth people.

A second chance for ya to read it.:awesomework:

Got to the rocks and back from the 1900, wasn't that much snow and the trails were dry compared to memorial day weekend last year. We were expecting a tough time after talking to one of the rangers that said there was no way we would make it from that side with all the snow. There were just a few down trees that had to be cut up and some snow drifts to get through.