• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches, July 4th weekend.

Boosted

Who's planning on going to Naches this 4th of July weekend? I usually make it out there for the weekend each year and this year is no different. Looking to get a decent sized group together.

Let me know if you are interested. :awesomework:

Thanks, Bill

oh ya been waiting for this one. il be camping at the bottom of the 676. gotta go out to funny rocks and get some redemption on the spots i rolled last year. i get goose bumps thinking bout it... fiat out.

I heard they had another massive slide up there and there is no access to quarts meadow

Rock creek road is gone,milk lake road...gone! the lil Naches road just off of 410 ...gone!:booo:

I heard they had another massive slide up there and there is no access to quarts meadow

Rock creek road is gone,milk lake road...gone! the lil Naches road just off of 410 ...gone!:booo:

Do you have more information on this? actual reports?

Do you have more information on this? actual reports?

I was hanging out a freinds place this weekend and I ask him if he wanted to hit lil naches fathers day weekend.he knows a guy that lives @ lost village there in the area and he told him a 25' wall of water broke looses from an ice damn and wiped out all these roads and the area was closed indefinatly.I asked him to call dude back up and ask him if would go up in there as far as he can and let us know...the scoop.

I have no reason to doubt his info...I havnt called the ranger station,you may want to before going up that way.

I figured ,well lets go through buck meadows then? he claims that aint going to happen either.Thats the trail talk going on over this way.

I was hanging out a freinds place this weekend and I ask him if he wanted to hit lil naches fathers day weekend.he knows a guy that lives @ lost village there in the area and he told him a 25' wall of water broke looses from an ice damn and wiped out all these roads and the area was closed indefinatly.I asked him to call dude back up and ask him if would go up in there as far as he can and let us know...the scoop.

I have no reason to doubt his info...I havnt called the ranger station,you may want to before going up that way.

I figured ,well lets go through buck meadows then? he claims that aint going to happen either.Thats the trail talk going on over this way.

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61814

Sounds like he's confusing the north side with the south side....The access' via Manastash road are blocked but as far as I know access via 410 will be open.

Interesting. I would like to hear from anyone who gets up that way to see the damage......:booo:

The Naches FS meeting is tonight. I will have a report on the roads by tomorrow night. There are several roads affecting access that are closed due to slides and creek damage.

Ill be tuned in..curious as to what all is actually tore up.he told me that the lil naches road off of 410 is wiped out! cant get into quarts meadow.

Official Word from the Naches OHV Ranger ( I know him very well)

Clover Way Road/FS1601 is closed

Glass Creek Road/FS 1605 is closed

Bald Mountain Road/FS1701 is open

Rock Creek Road/FS 1702 is closed

Gold Creek Road/FS 1703 is closed

Spring Creek is open

Milk Creek Road/FS 1708 is closed

Little Naches Road/FS 19 is open although it should have a one lane restriction installed before you get to Kaner Flats campground.

These closed roads can be expected not to open this year. There is a signed order and they are barricaded.

Bald Mountain is still snowed in expect downed trees and storm damage that we have not seen as of yet due to the fact we have been unable to access much of the trail system. Should still be 3 feet of snow at Lilly Pond. The entire ridge still has lots of snow. The report is that there is 200% snow depth for this time of year.

Stay safe and Tread Lightly. The closure that is lifted June 15th was put in place because of trail damage resulting from wet trails. The trails are wetter this year than last.

Also Chinook Pass is not expected to open untill the end of June.

Coming in from the Eberg side is tough due to closures of the access roads over there. go to www.cleelumtrails.com for info.

Last edited:
WOW, thank Murkman. Seems to me unless you know your way around that area... wheel'ns going to be tough in Naches this Summer.

Any idea if some of these roads would be closed to "road" traffic (i.e. hunters/towrigs) but might be openable to ORV's?

WOW, thank Murkman. Seems to me unless you know your way around that area... wheel'ns going to be tough in Naches this Summer.

Any idea if some of these roads would be closed to "road" traffic (i.e. hunters/towrigs) but might be openable to ORV's?

The closure order states "All traffic". Closed to all. Anybody wanting to use the areas behind the barricades are out of luck until funds are available and repairs are made.

The closure is being enforced with ciatitions issued.

Last edited:
Official Word from the Naches OHV Ranger ( I know him very well)

Clover Way Road/FS1601 is closed

Glass Creek Road/FS 1605 is closed

Bald Mountain Road/FS1701 is open

Rock Creek Road/FS 1702 is closed

Gold Creek Road/FS 1703 is closed

Spring Creek is open

Milk Creek Road/FS 1708 is closed

Little Naches Road/FS 19 is open although it should have a one lane restriction installed before you get to Kaner Flats campground.

These closed roads can be expected not to open this year. There is a signed order and they are barricaded.

Bald Mountain is still snowed in expect downed trees and storm damage that we have not seen as of yet due to the fact we have been unable to access much of the trail system. Should still be 3 feet of snow at Lilly Pond. The entire ridge still has lots of snow. The report is that there is 200% snow depth for this time of year.

Stay safe and Tread Lightly. The closure that is lifted June 15th was put in place because of trail damage resulting from wet trails. The trails are wetter this year than last.

Also Chinook Pass is not expected to open untill the end of June.

Coming in from the Eberg side is tough due to closures of the access roads over there. go to www.cleelumtrails.com for info.

Wow, this puts a damper on things as all the routes that I normally take are closed.

Does anyone know where the Bald Mountain Road / FS1701 ends up at?

Thanks for the detailed report. This will definately help out with our plans.

Bill

Wow, this puts a damper on things as all the routes that I normally take are closed.

Bill

It connects to 410 east of Wislin jacks. The other end you can make it to the rocks. Its alot of service road time before you get to the trails. I do remeber a few places that might be camping but I dont know for sure. It was a quick trip thru the area because it was service roads.

The closure order states "All traffic". Closed to all. Anybody wanting to use the areas behind the barricades are out of luck until funds are available and repairs are made.

The closure is being enforced with ciatitions issued.

Is the forest order posted online? I'd like to read it.

Bill
Bill it will take you right to are camping spot. Its the next turn off of 410 past rock creek.