• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

naches trail

mudder1912

I have a few questions about naches trail . First is it a trail you can run a full size short box on? Also is there any camping on the westside all of the info. i find doesn't say. thanks for any answers George :beer::beer::cool::cool:

Well you can run a fullsize on any trail depending on how much body damage you want. From what I have heard as I have not run that trail (yet) you should be able to get a fullsize on it but may get a bit tight in some spots. From what I have been told you can camp in almost any spot that you see fit as long as there is room.

It will fit but expect body damage :booo: Remember also that the west side on the Nachees trail dosent open until july 15th. there is lots of disperssed camping along the 70 road and side roads from it. You can also camp at the cabin at Govt. meadows but you have to leave your rig in the lot and walk into the cabin (100yds or so)

if your careful and its dry you can get a fullsize blazer thru there and not get a dent...ask me how i know:awesomework:.... but that was several years ago...

Trail's the narrowest at the extreme west and east ends, both can be bypassed by forest service roads. West side not open till July 15. the center section is pretty tame, especially when it's dry.

It will fit but expect body damage :booo: Remember also that the west side on the Nachees trail dosent open until july 15th. there is lots of disperssed camping along the 70 road and side roads from it. You can also camp at the cabin at Govt. meadows but you have to leave your rig in the lot and walk into the cabin (100yds or so)

I would also add lots of tree damage. Basically not really a good idea. I have only run the Nachees Trail a few times and it was in my Toyota and I spent a lot of time turning the wheel dodging trees and still left some paint.

That trail even when wett can be ran in two wheel drive with a rear locker its about as wide open as you can get in this state. I take the naches trail of every time if im not trailering and theirs maybe three spots the whole time that may require 4-wheele drive if its very wet. You will be fine if you come to a spot ur not sure of trust me you will fit just slow down and be smart. And as stated above that trail is lame. Your truck will fit up kanor flats as well which is on the other side.

Ok, so it is considered an easy trail by most, but it has a lot of history and I want to run it, so let get a date set and a party together to do it.

I am retired, so any time is great for me, just need a schedule so I can assure my ZJ is ready to roll on that date. I will trailer the ZJ to and from the area, but Camping someplace would be great also.:awesomework:

I'd like to run it sometime, how long is it?

I have heard anything from 4 to 6 hours one way.

The cool part as I understand it, is to start on the west side (for those of us that live on the west side) plan on camping on the east side and returning the next day, because there are lots of cool roads and trails availabe on the east side to explorer while over there. :awesomework:

I have heard anything from 4 to 6 hours one way.

The cool part as I understand it, is to start on the west side (for those of us that live on the west side) plan on camping on the east side and returning the next day, because there are lots of cool roads and trails availabe on the east side to explorer while over there. :awesomework:

Ill be running it opening weekend. Ill be heading out Friday the 16th for some night wheeling and setup camp over at rimrock...hopefully:cool:

Hi All:

How "tough" the Naches trail is all depends upon your experience as an off-road driver, and how well equipped your rig is.

I can't think of any reason a full-sized, but short (like a short-box p/u or K5) truck could not make over this trail. Yes, there will be a few spots that are sorta tight, but not that many. The worse spot might be a short (~ 100 yards) off-camber section over on the east side.

Ted, your ZJ will have no problems. I'd be happy to lead you over the Naches Trail sometime this summer.

Regards,

Alan

I have always wanted to run it just never found the time. Where does the trail start on the west side and has anyone had any problems with their tow rigs being parked overnight?

I have always wanted to run it just never found the time. Where does the trail start on the west side and has anyone had any problems with their tow rigs being parked overnight?

Starts off the FS 70 road near greenwater, east of Enumclaw. The few times I've wheeled it we did a over and back again the same day so the tow rig wasn't left over night.

yea whitetrashfab and i got board one night and ran most of the trail. took us about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but it was dark and neither of us had driven it before, had to make a few wrong turns before we found are way over:looser: there are a few tight-ish spots but nothing to bad, its a nice drive and thats about it.

I'm not into trail riding, I prefer a half mile trail that takes two hours :redneck:, but for history sake, everyone should cruise it once in their life, I already got it over with. :awesomework: