• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches....

Weifallo

Well, it certainly wasn't our weekend... the jeep had a laundry list of trail fixes capped off with some significant damage at the end. :mad:

Still had a good time though...

Pics:

Bunk, AMJ, and Us
IMG_5675.jpg

After running the jeep around camp in the morning, when it came time to head up to the rocks it wouldn't start.... I think that time it was something with the battery terminals... Nuzzy or Bunk can probably fill in the details there.

Once we were at Moon Rocks, we were attempting to climb one of the rock faces and it kept dying under the load, so we back off and found this little beauty:
IMG_5696.jpg

As soon as we got that wrapped up, we start to head over to the other side of the rocks and loose stearing :wtf: Turns out that the pin for the hydraulic ram had fallen out... after a few minutes of trying to come up with a solution, I suggested using one of the hood pins:
IMG_5704.jpg

At this point we decided to just park the damn thing and watch everyone else for a little while:
IMG_5705.jpg

IMG_5721.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

Robin showed up in this... that this was a blast to ride in, but I definitely have some bumps and bruises! :redneck:
IMG_5726.jpg

More Wheelin
IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5767.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5777.jpg

Back at Funny Rocks:

IMG_5787.jpg

This would be the end of our trip:
IMG_5789.jpg

The Regurgitator is back!!!!
IMG_5791.jpg

Here's Why: :mad: :mad: :mad:
IMG_5793.jpg

We were able to limp it back to camp with bunk towing us most of the way. It made it back to camp under it's own power and then immediately died! We'll have to assess the damage later... hopefully the engine isn't toast.

There was a lot more "stuff" going on with it than I can clearly explain, so I'll let the boys do that later. The root cause of all of the issues ended up being the motor mounts (or lack there of). The ones that were in there just don't hold up to the torque that things has.
IMG_5815.jpg

We can't even find the other one :redneck: :mad:

I was able to get a little more seat time in when Porter offered to drive me around :awesomework: This part was FUN!!!
IMG_5794.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

Then, he let me drive :clappy: I nearly drove us off of a cliff, but other than that it was a good time :redneck:
IMG_5800.jpg

Other Pics
IMG_5808.jpg

IMG_5810.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

Great pics. In regards to the motor mounts failing, make sure you replace them with the "safety" style of motor mounts. This style has interlocking steel plates, that prevent the mount from over flexing if the rubber tears out. On my own rigs, I take brand new safety mounts and drill a 3/8th hole completely thru the middle, then install a grade 8 bolt with a locking pinch style nut (not nylock, too close to heat from exhaust). The bolt has "just" a little end play so the rubber can do it's flex thing, but in the event of failure, keeps the motor secure from the radiator (in my case the lower radiator hose is first to go)
T

Here's how my day went:

Leaving camp engine won't start - wire has pulled out end connected to coil

Driving to Funny notice front dshaft is wobbly - ubolt stripped holding joint in and was lucky AMJ had a spare :cool:

Climbing a fun ledge at Moon and the engine is sputtering through repeated attemtps/then finally wont even crank - find main battery cable has pulled out of end attatched to solenoid/also later on Robin was helping tune the lean running propane when discovering a vac line to the brake booster had pulled free

Fix the cable and start to drive away when no steering - pin fell out holding the ram pin in place so ram was no longer attached

Make it back to Funny and while climbing a ledge by the tree find that the alternator is smashing into the winch battery cable on the frame destroying it and causing sparks to fly - Electrical tape over the cable and re route it to clear problem area

Continue driving up obstacle and make it up when coolant starts spewing - engine torqued fan into radiator destroying both

Limp back to camp with engine idling (had to since couldn't steer full hydro well enough with engine off) and engine dies coasting into camp - will see extent of damage later with compression test and such

I have the material to make all new motor and tranny mounts but have been holding off til I have time to finish the flat belly. Instead, I put on brand new stock rubber mounts before the trip that I'd hoped would last for another few wheelin trips. Problem was, the actual metal portion of the mount failed. Almost every thing that happened could be traced back to the god damn drive train moving around too much once that mount failed :mad::mad::mad:

Here's how my day went:

Leaving camp engine won't start - wire has pulled out end connected to coil

Driving to Funny notice front dshaft is wobbly - ubolt stripped holding joint in and was lucky AMJ had a spare :cool:

Climbing a fun ledge at Moon and the engine is sputtering through repeated attemtps/then finally wont even crank - find main battery cable has pulled out of end attatched to solenoid/also later on Robin was helping tune the lean running propane when discovering a vac line to the brake booster had pulled free

Fix the cable and start to drive away when no steering - pin fell out holding the ram pin in place so ram was no longer attached

Make it back to Funny and while climbing a ledge by the tree find that the alternator is smashing into the winch battery cable on the frame destroying it and causing sparks to fly - Electrical tape over the cable and re route it to clear problem area

Continue driving up obstacle and make it up when coolant starts spewing - engine torqued fan into radiator destroying both

Limp back to camp with engine idling (had to since couldn't steer full hydro well enough with engine off) and engine dies coasting into camp - will see extent of damage later with compression test and such

I have the material to make all new motor and tranny mounts but have been holding off til I have time to finish the flat belly. Instead, I put on brand new stock rubber mounts before the trip that I'd hoped would last for another few wheelin trips. Problem was, the actual metal portion of the mount failed. Almost every thing that happened could be traced back to the god damn drive train moving around too much once that mount failed :mad::mad::mad:

Bring that **** box over and fix the motor mounts...you don't need a flat belly

Gotta make sure the motor ain't toast first to see if it's even worth it :mad:

I'll let ya know :cool:

I'll bring the comp tester to work tuesday, Lets hook up when yer off work. I'll buy ya a beer at the lime. Glad i could wheel with ya'll before ya book to the east.

I'll bring the comp tester to work tuesday, Lets hook up when yer off work. I'll buy ya a beer at the lime. Glad i could wheel with ya'll before ya book to the east.

Sounds like a plan :beer:

Hopefully we'll get a few more chances to wheel... Still had a blast this weekend with you and Andy though!! :beer::beer::beer:

looks like a good time. as far as the ram pins. Weld a big ol washer on the top. That way it can't fall out the bottom and just use the keeper pins for the bottom.

The line nuzz was trying when the main power line failed, Followed immediately with the pin failure. Nuzz is getting the issues out quick, The right should be reliable real soon.

Attachments

• moonuzzy.JPG
    moonuzzy.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 219
Thanks for the good times guys. :beer: :beer: Sorry I took off before you guys were up but it just wasn't a good night/morning :booo:

this has go to be the lamest naches thread.. nothin impressive to see :fawkdancesmiley:

except for porter on his side ......again :haha: