• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nascar In Wa???

ok think about this, i dont know much about nascar so i wont try and defend or condone it. but how many of us like sitting in traffic? 160,000 more cars to add to our freeways and pummel our roads that are already pieces of crap, like I5 or even parts of I90, (i drive the length of it accross washington to go to college) now guestimate that half of the people that come to see the sport are out of state, thats about 50,000 cars that arent paying taxes on the roads they are using. now if it was in eastern washington there are only 2 monthes they could hold it, july, and august. now factor in the drive the drivers, teams, and spectators would have to make to get to our track. which will probably be just big enough to hold a small, low bank, low speed track. no one will want to come see it.

on top of that, what else can we hold there, monster truck rallies in the infield, maybe off road truck races, test tracks. its just not fiesible or worth its cost. now i bet alot of driver for nascar fly from track to track. so say we put it in ellensburg. thats about a 100 mile drive from either spokane, seatac, or moseslake airports. the only place i could see putting it would be down in the tricities. its closer to the pack, theres lots of room, and pleanty of people to work at it.

but i could be compleatly wrong.

Posted by Boomer "Edited to add that if you are going dig up some numbers to try to prop up your ridiculous argument, they had better be from an unbiased, objective source and not NASCAR, ISC, or any other entity that stands to gain from being welfare bums."

Every person in Washington stands to reap the beinis of this track. :mad:

03RUBICON said:
Boomer,
I am messin with ya just a little it's fun to get under people skin whom have such a easy thin skin to get under. However please click this link and read the economic study PDF.
http://www.race2wa.com/the%5Fplan/thefacts/

I rest my case :flipoff:

Can you do that math or would you like me to do it for you?

LOL, you'd better think again if you believe this getting under my skin. Although with such low odds of the general public supporting your beloved track and as quickly as you were to cast personal attacks, it just might be getting under your own. :clappy:

As far as your "source" I see that you were unable to produce anything from an unbiased, objective source. As far as your "facts", I think that I will not be supporting welfare for a new track based on nothing more than a few key assumptions.

If this is such a great opportunity, why won't ISC agree to build the track on their own dime and accept exemptions from sales and property taxes? Let them extort some other state for their own personal gain.

03RUBICON said:
Every person in Washington stands to reap the beinis of this track. :mad:

Just like the benefits from the Kingdome, Safeco Field, and Qwest Stadium? How much is still owed on those again?

Boomer,
Your like the pot calling the kettle black here. You have nothing to support your claims. I say put it to a vote.
Sport in general are good for a community on so many levels it's not even measurable.
BTW it's impossible to get under my skin, your welcome to try.

Boomer said:
Just like the benefits from the Kingdome, Safeco Field, and Qwest Stadium? How much is still owed on those again?

I vote on letting those who want to enjoy the sport, pay for the sport. After all, it's really successful right?

If we are going to fund every sport with tax dollars, I would like to see more climbing walls, rally courses, dragstrips, autocross tracks, F1, mountain bike trails and moto trails. (all public of course)

03RUBICON said:
Boomer,
Your like the pot calling the kettle black here. You have nothing to support your claims. I say put it to a vote.
Sport in general are good for a community on so many levels it's not even measurable.
BTW it's impossible to get under my skin, your welcome to try.

So the huge debts and small benefits resulting from the Kingdome, Safeco Field, and Qwest Stadium don't support my claim? Are you retarded or something? Oh wait, you are a NASCAR fan. :haha:

Let's go ahead and put it to a vote. I think you'll be rather surprised at how unpopular welfare for a race track actually is.

CentralGrand said:
:wtf: :flipoff: You own a Subaru Outback and hangout at Starbucks don't ya?? :haha:

ROFL:D

I would much rather have the STI for rally racing, and if there was one thing I hate worse then NASCAR it would be starbucks.

Jim

spokane just got done dealing with tthat type of influx.for the world figure skating championships a month ago.so it could be handled here,but locally through our counties we are already taxed to hell.the east side would probably be a better venue for it as there are a lot of frickin rednecks over here.(my ol'lady watches nascar religiously)heheh:redneck: :flipoff: just ssayin that regardless , our representatives are getting out of control with there"wee don't want them kinda folk around here "statements. they better look around abd realize who does live here before they get shot.sorry,this kinda **** pisses me off.i don't really care if it comes or doesn't.but the fact that these bastards think they can run this ****in state this way,is well,downright annoying.:wtf: thats why i left texas.:D
i smell animal beer and pork rinds.

i think they should give spokompton a military base and the nascar track, and shut down fort lewis. i'm sick of dealing with "them kinda" inbred **** kickers from texas that keep moving in up here.

number 1 mate,there is a military base here.
number 2,american by birth
texan by the grace of god
number 3,bring it sugarpants:fawkdancesmiley:

i smell animal beer and pork rinds.

i think they should give spokompton a military base and the nascar track, and shut down fort lewis. i'm sick of dealing with "them kinda" inbred **** kickers from texas that keep moving in up here.

Nascar fawking blows goat ass, all you cousine daters that plan your weekends around "the big race" should try this....

Instead of sitting on your ass drinking schlitz and getting fatter yelling at the tv and cheering for your favorite driver spouting off about how gordon/stewart sucks and your hero is the best you should get off your fat ass, go out in the driveway/garage and work on that offroad rig of yours so you can go out and enjoy the outdoors like a real human being should. :flipoff:

Last edited:
Nascar fawking blows goat ass, all you cousine daters that plan your weekends around "the big race" should try this....

Instead of sitting on your ass drinking schlitz and getting fatter yelling at the tv and cheering for your favorite driver spouting off about how gordon/stewart sucks and your hero is the best you should get off your fat ass, go out in the driveway/garage and work on that offroad rig of yours so you can go out and enjoy the outdoors like a real human being should. :flipoff:

HEY, FAWK YOU JACKHOLE!!!!!

Wa state will never have a nascar event since there is no road that can deal with the traffic. ANYWHERE in the entire state. Who here has seen 100,000+ people try to get into a confined area in 6 hours? I have seen 160,000 go into dega and thats some serious sh!t.

Washington is not a nascar state.

Wa state will never have a nascar event since there is no road that can deal with the traffic. ANYWHERE in the entire state. Who here has seen 100,000+ people try to get into a confined area in 6 hours? I have seen 160,000 go into dega and thats some serious sh!t.

Washington is not a nascar state.

Nope, you are very correct... its a blue, liberal, starbucks drinkin, subaru outback drivin, tax lovin, tree hugging, melting pot asshole of a state, and I'm ashamed to live here (aside from the eastern part of the state:flipoff: )...

Awww poor bunkerdoodle, did I strike a nerve?? :flipoff:

I watch races if I'm flipping through the channels and see a race on but I surely dont make it a point to be in front of the boob toob to do maintenance on the fatness either. :kiss:

everyone is comparing the stadiums to this track, and someone even brought up the viaduct. rough number estimates, but both new stadiums cost roughly $500,000,000 correct? this track is proposed to be even less. Now, does anyone have the ESTIMATE for the viaduct? the cost of replacing it is like $2,800,000,000. The track estimate is nothing more than a small turd compared to that. Boston just restored its waterfront and went way over its initial budget. Does this mean that the proposed viaduct budget here in washington is a bit small? -YES. I can easily see this project costing more than the estimated 2.8 billion. This money is for property that will not bring any kind of direct revenue, mind you. It is simply money spent to make things look prettier. Do you think that the washington state government will tax us appropriately for this massive expenditure? HELL NO. We would all be broke. Thus, there is a washington state budget deficit that is written off to the fed. No big deal. We will never see the change.

To sum up this long post, I am not a fan of NASCAR. Never have been, as I prefer rally and F1. Either way, I don't care if there's a track here or not, because I wont see a significant tax increase specifically from this track. We have bigger problems to worry about. (the viaduct)

**a disclaimer for my possibly inaccurate numbers.

just my .02

Last edited: