• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need a lil help

so what you're asking is if you can use a long block from a 22re? if so i believe you can. I think there is a few differences in the head castings of a earlier 22r and a newer 22re. Im sure someone will have a more definitive answer for you.

Curious as to what you are trying to achieve? Simplicity? Cheap? All I know is if you have an RE laying around just work up a pile of parts and convert.

It'll bolt up to the main housing of trans, but there are subtle differences, just enough to make you say "WTF was I thinking doing that! :mad:"; Not to mention the smaller displacement motor will not make you happy...

Before you rip that turd outa there, inspect it first. you say its blown....but is it? could be something fixable for cheap. I would take the pan off, valve cover, timing cover and look at everything.

it runs and drives still i took it on a drive today it just has a nice rod knock to it..... and it looks like im going to have to find a cheap 22r i found a 20r for 150 but if its not going to have the same amount of power i dont want it i will stay with a 22r lol

high detergent oil in a high mileage motor=even more engine noise once the sludge gets cleaned out. i would do 90 weight and a block heater. :redneck:

delo is a diesel oil, which has quite a bit more detergent agents in it that standard motor oil. it does do a good job of cleaning up a gas engine, but sometimes on a higher mileage motor the sludge in the engine actually helps keep the oil pressure up by sealing gaps around the oil passages around the crank and cam. clean the sludge out, you lose oil pressure, and get a little (or in my case, a lot) more engine noise.

Latest posts