• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Need a rear end...

Draco

Brother has a 98 model Z71. Rear end is whining like hell. Gonna see if someone had something laying around. Has 3.73 gears in it.
Let me know what you got, price, and location.

Thanks guys! :dblthumb:

Draco said:
Brother has a 98 model Z71. Rear end is whining like hell. Gonna see if someone had something laying around. Has 3.73 gears in it.
Let me know what you got, price, and location.

Thanks guys! :dblthumb:

Any 88-99 classic Z71 should have the correct 3.73 gears and G80 Gov Loc. Somybody find this man some rear end thumb.gif

Thanks for the info. Broaden the search a bit. I haven't looked up anything yet I just happen to be with him hanging tree stands today. lol

muddinmetal said:
Any 88-99 classic Z71 should have the correct 3.73 gears and G80 Gov Loc. Somybody find this man some rear end thumb.gif

Not really. A lot of those OBS trucks had 3.42's. Look at the gear gode in the glove box. I don't remember exactly what they are but its like g4 or g6 or something to that effect.

matth_85 said:
Not really. A lot of those OBS trucks had 3.42's. Look at the gear gode in the glove box. I don't remember exactly what they are but its like g4 or g6 or something to that effect.

Wrong... all true Z71s in that body style had 3.73s

muddinmetal said:

Guess my 95 that my grandpa bought new wasn't a true one then cause it had 3.42s. Said Z71 on the bed too.

muddinmetal said:

WRONG, but good try.

Now, in the new body trucks 99-03 they were optioned only 3.73 or 4.10.

Here are the gear codes though for the OP to identify an axle. Those ten bolts are quite pricey for the **** piles they are. I would look for a 6-lug semi-float 14 bolt to swap in.

GT4
Rear Axle: 3.73 Ratio

GT5
Rear Axle: 4.10 Ratio

GU4
Rear Axle: 3.08 Ratio

GU6
Rear Axle: 3.42 Ratio

G80
Rear Axle: Positraction

HC4
Rear Axle: 4.56 Ratio

HC7
Rear Axle: 5.13 Ratio

xjmarc said:
Guess my 95 that my grandpa bought new wasn't a true one then cause it had 3.42s. Said Z71 on the bed too.

If it was purchased new that way it probably was a Z71. There is also a RPO code in the glove box to check if it was optioned Z71 as well though.

muddinmetal said:

WRONG!....A lot of people get z71 facts fudged up. I have had them with 3:42, 3:73, and 4:10. They also made tahoes that were z71 without all the body color crap on them.

jimbo92 said:
WRONG!....A lot of people get z71 facts fudged up. I have had them with 3:42, 3:73, and 4:10. They also made tahoes that were z71 without all the body color crap on them.

My bad guys. ALL Z71s had GT4 & G80 as standard equipment, but other ratios could be special ordered. So 95% (or more) of them are probably 3.73s, but not all

Latest posts