• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need brake help

shadetree

88 jeep yj , dana 44 front 14 bolt rear , disc brakes all around, new master cyl new booster all new calipers new braided lines front new oem rubber on rears , NO PEDAL, u can brake torque it u can run it up to speed and slide the 4 tires in gravel but no pedal it is right at floor , I've tried two types of air power bleeders , a handheld vaccum pump bleeder , the ole have a Buddy pump and bleed . what else can i do ? about to loose my cool on this thing . everybodys out wheeling and I'm here BLEEDIN. :dunno:

oem replacement master cyl for the jeep , output specs should be fine for the application.
yes it was bench bled., thanks

Make sure the rod from pedal to cyl is adjusted right... I have seen that cause weird **** b4

I've have 2 brake master cylinders and 1 clutch master cylinder be bad right out of the box man could be your problem been mine before

if you're still running the stock jeep master cylinder, then it's not moving enough fluid to give you much pedal (taking too much pedal travel to apply the brakes).

You need a bigger master cylinder if you want a firmer pedal.

did you install residule valves for disk brake pressure, wilwoods i think its 2 lb for disks or 4 lb for drums install them close to the master to keep pistons from moving back in to far

what master cyl do u recomend ? do residual valves installed just modified the oem proportion valve to brake at 50/50 rate instead of factory set 60/40.

thanks ordered master cyl today will let u know , really appreciate all the help
after this i really miss wheelin in the lil cherokee on 32's , just skinny pedal and woo pow , happy happy happy

residule valves help keep light pressure on the pistons and lines, this will lessen pedal travel make for strong pedal up top . if you use a stock proporshing valve it should have resudiule valves built in ,, Sorry my spelling sucks.