• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need Charging System Wiring help....

under_psi

CROSS POST POLICE
OK guys...

i am mostly wiring weetoddid....and i need som eguidance b/c my main wiring guru is a car stereo and not a car electronic charging guy...he is basically helping me with the lights and relay stuff...

i need to figure out the main wire routing from battery to alternator to starter and the like...

what i am using is a 3 stage security feature for starting/non starting purposes (so it is a little more difficult to steal the car...) and then i have a main switch panel from 12volt guy that is a dual winch, IG toggle followed by a push start, then has the 8 fused switches for accessories...

before the IG toggle and push start, i am using a 'theft kit' from seabass as well...it is basically like a breaker master power key that is inline on the 4 guage to cut all power, and i also have a barrel key that i want to use as the 2nd keyed saftey...

so, i need to know how to run this power system....

i would like the main breaker key thingy to be the 1st saftey, since it is inline with some 4 guage, and then the barrel key, which will arm the dash panel from seabass, then the IN and push start...

really need help here....cuz i got dizzy last nite late in the evening trying to figure out how to wire it all from scratch.....

thanks!

Put a standard relay between the the keys and wala. The first key sends power to one one side of the relay then the second key sends power to the other side making a complete cicuit. Same type of relay you would use for a fuel pump. make sure you put the relay in a place easily accessible for you but hard to find for thieves. I actually don't know if that would work I was shooting off the hip.