• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need knowledgable opinions....

johneddie

Need more woopow for the buggy :driving:....ain't got the coin for an engine build or a 6.0 swap right now. :mad:
Considering a little spray to make up for it till I can round up the extra cash.
It's a stock '89 GM 350tbi....will it handle a 100 shot as it sits right now or is it money wasted that I should just put toward a 6.0??? :dunno:
Thanks in advance! :dblthumb:

100 is the limit, you'd be shocked what 75 will do and the bottle will last much longer.
I saw a complete tbi 454 on CL for $500 the other day, that's you're answer. Or, $300 on a set of used (then shaved) vortec heads and an aluminum tbi manifold.

Take too much rework to cram a big block in there...
Have considered the head swap for now but didn't know if it was worth the money vs the horsepower gain.

My vote is a homebuilt low boost turbo setup

But then you'll still eventually want heads and an intake

Or run the N2O on the TBI350

Or a set of vortec heads and an good intake (I'd buy a carb intake run a carb to TBI adapter) and a cam

Then buy a 4.8 and swap it in, 4.8s are dirt cheap and you'll have the swap complete and sorted when you get ready to build a 6.0 long block
Then throw a bunch of N2O at the 4.8 till it pops.

I gots a vortec layin round that needs I be gone through if ya interested? or I know where a 88,000 mile 6.0 is for $950.00 ?

ldudley said:
I gots a vortec layin round that needs I be gone through if ya interested? or I know where a 88,000 mile 6.0 is for $950.00 ?
Trying to hang around the $500 range right now....fat boys gotta eat! :eat:

Re: Re: Need knowledgable opinions....

rednecklights said:
a stock bottom end will be good till 150-175 as long as the tune (timing and jetting) is good for quite some time.

The stock hypereutectic (cast) pistons will take more spray than most think but will not take the detonation like a forged.

This comes from several years of a drag racing background,any many many scattered engines.

also, nos brand , nitrous express and zex nitrous systems claimed "100" shot isn't the same "100" shot
Recommendations on brand and spray application???

Rednecklights I as you have only messed with oxide on Fox Stangs and with them I noticed when getting in and out of the throttle like wheel spin at the track it sometimes would cause a backfire how do you think this would work on a buggy say on full throttle hill climbs and having to get in and out of the throttle?

A good cam and a set of vortec heads would probably suit you better, that way you have power all the time.Not just till you run out of bottle. And ive seen it make very noticeable differences on those motors,the heads on those suck.

Elliott said:
A good cam and a set of vortec heads would probably suit you better, that way you have power all the time.Not just till you run out of bottle. And ive seen it make very noticeable differences on those motors,the heads on those suck.

^^^^^^ thumb.gif

Elliott said:
I've heard it made a difference, just didn't know how much. Personally don't anyone that has done the head and cam swap on one. May look into that further. Just don't wanna spend on lot on this motor because I'm not gonna keep it but definitely like to get little more power out of it for now.
Plus it would be nice not having to fool with the nitrous all the time. My primary riding is trails but like a little hill killin' every now and then. :dblthumb:

Call bullet cams and get them to spec you out a cam, I guarantee if anyone can make it run better they can. We've had very good luck with their cams.