• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need opinions(scary I know)

midsouthfab

"Another day in Paradise"
OK. heres the deal we have 2 park owners (going unnamed for now) that are in on this thing, one is well known by most here and the other probably isn't, but they know each other well.(confused yet,LOL) The deal is we are setting up a new series for 09 that will cater to the weekend type buggy IE. not a comp rig. Comp rigs will be welcomed and have there own class, but the main event(if you will) class will be the typical SE type buggy. Big tires, heavier etc. There are a couple of things we would like input from anyone willing to voice an opinion( again scary, I know) about a couple of different areas of concern. This class will be a "modified" rock race type of deal. We are set on 2 events at one venue and 2 at another with a 3rd venue for our finals. There will be a points fund and nice payout with added contingencies in the works for a top 10 finish in points for the series. Now feel free to offer any input you see fit, but there are three things we are wanting to hear from you about primarily, but not limited to.

1. How much prize money at each event will it take to get you to travel(4 to 5 hours max) and how far back would you like to see money go?(IE. 3rd, 5th, top 10 etc.) Would you like to see more money geared for 1st or more paid out farther down in the standings?

2. How much prize money would you like to see for the end of the season points fund? pay top ten? Please be reasonable here, but we will be well funded so with that being said, what will it take?

3 We are thinking a higher minimum weight for the class like possibly 4000 to 4500lbs? We do have scales available. Do these sound reasonable? Input please! Again we at this point want to try and separate the bigger rigs from the full comp. style. How do you feel would be a fair way to do this?

Again any sugestions you may have on rules suggestions are welcomed at this point! FIRE AWAY!!!!!!

I think that events where people are asking what they should do are already doomed.
You need to go into this knowing what your going to pay out and keep the competitors out of it. Run the first season and see how it goes, and then adjust AFTER the end of the first season. Stick to the rules you set ,and be strict about exceptions to the rules you've set. All most all weekend wheelers are doing it for fun and money does not play a big role. Most would rather be interweb famous..............

YO
:flipoff1:

Yeah this topic has been beat....try searching ..the answer is out there

we aren't asking what to do, we are asking for your opinion is all? If you don't have one that is fine also. We are just trying to give back to the sport and help it grow. We already have most everything in place, but we are looking to add an exciting class that the spectators would love and make it worth while to the racer. From our research to this point we have an avid group ready to go on this class already, we are just trying to get some feedback from the TN/AL area. Mainly because one of the parks is in your neck of the woods. If this ends up going in the right direction if could be a "mini "east of the Mississippi vs. west of the Mississippi rivalry. We don't want to let out too many details yet, we just are trying to get feedback from possible competitors.

monkey said:
Yeah this topic has been beat....try searching ..the answer is out there

Searching is great, we do plenty of that! But we would like to hear directly from anyone who even thinks they might compete once. We would like to hear the competitors voice on this! Oh and thanks to everyone for all the PM's with idea and opinions it is all welcomed

are we talking buggies only or full bodied rigs? cages are MUST I know. depending on gas prices next year, I may look at traveling more.....as long as my **** is together long enough. maybe I should just wheel.......hate show up all the webwheelers :flipoff1: :eat:

sounds like an interesting idea. maybe do a couple of events next year and invite some people, like they did at Disney.....This is basically how KOH started, just a group of guys challenging each other on the web..... :popcorn: :dunno:

I compete in the KOTH raace in Florette every year and it is a great local comp. As far as winnings, I don't really care as long as the venue is close. It is all about fun, winning some money to cover fuel is just a nice bonus. I think the key is do just have a handful of events and maybe a finals, similar to the XRRA and WERock. I think if you are trying to appeal to the trail riding crowd make the entry fees reasonable and you will get more people there. The only thing I don't like about KOTH is it is $150 for the buggy class. That is too much IMO for 1-2 runs up a hill which is less than 5 minutes of wheeling. I would run the events if they are close enough for me to make it an easy day trip

we already have an event on the calender with the a partial list of invitations out there. We will have a full press release at the first of the year with various details. I agree about the registration cost we will have a 50.00 registration fee, period. This has been discussed and we agree about keeping it reasonable for the one time guy.

Full body rigs with there own class? Hmmm interesting? We weren't discussing that but if the interest is there we would listen???? Guys we have been involved with competing in different organizations for many years and have the resources to get this done! One of our main agendas is to have the voice of the competitor heard from day one!

I think seeing a full bodied rig thrashing around really appeals more to the trail riders, since thats where most people start out anyway. I wouldnt want something limits each style of rig....like mine for example, it is FAR from stock, but it is still full bodied. the stock or stock mod class wouldnt work for me. whatever limitations you have in mind, just remember the core trailer riders........

here is my take on it... i am a trail rider, i dont like competions, i go to have fun, to be w/ friends/ family and just get away from normal life.... if you are trying to appeal to people like me, the problem i see is cost to go... i usually spend around $250 on a wheelin trip, like to MMORV, its 100 miles from my house... i am totally ok w/ this cost, but to go and sit around while i "compete" waiting and waiting, it isnt going to happen... my front pocket is my sponsor, not some corporation like many of the competitors out there... i am always down for an impromptu rock race, but it is going to be impossible to keep up w/ a series...

you mentioned weight as being the measuring stick for "pros", i know of alot of rigs that are not big girls and are by far professional racers... sounds interesting, but i see alot of loop holes to fill....

I've been trying to find competitions like your talking about for some time now - problem is they don't exist for a reason. Trailride guys will trailride and competitors want to compete. Your gonna have people that have comp rigs show up and they all won't fit in your "comp" class. Then they'll enter in to the "trailride" class and the trailriders won't "throw" their money away to compete against them.

I hear it all the time from people saying they want to compete but won't unless there's a chance they'll win - they've already lost.
Then a few of those will do it and say it's just for the fun - then they'll be the ones bitchin and complaining when they don't win

I wouldn't mind a little friendly competition in a full bodied rig class, sound like a good time. Make it cheap and not to far travel wise and i might join in. Like said before i wouldn't be doing it to really win any real money but just to do it for the hell of it.

BootyFab said:
I wouldn't mind a little friendly competition in a full bodied rig class, sound like a good time. Make it cheap and not to far travel wise and i might join in. Like said before i wouldn't be doing it to really win any real money but just to do it for the hell of it.
X2