• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some help 22r

joemo

I just got done on a inframe top end rebuild. I just got everything back together and will not start it cranks over like it wants to, gas is gettng to the carb any ideas would be great

I just got done on a inframe top end rebuild. I just got everything back together and will not start it cranks over like it wants to, gas is gettng to the carb any ideas would be great

ok, you have gas, what about spark?

I got it to start running i turned the rotor just wont run right, but now i checked the oil and it looks like there is milk in the oil a little darker but not does that mean i did not get the gasket to seal right, I have not even got it to warm up to temp. It always seams like this crap happens to me i should have just saved some more money and put a whole engine in it

I got it to start running i turned the rotor just wont run right, but now i checked the oil and it looks like there is milk in the oil a little darker but not does that mean i did not get the gasket to seal right, I have not even got it to warm up to temp. It always seams like this crap happens to me i should have just saved some more money and put a whole engine in it

did you have the cylinder head researfaced:eeek::haha: and checked for cracks or electrolicis... i no my grammer sucks but oh well

anyways even if the head gasket was bad it would still run, you probably have the timing off weather it be ignition timing ie distributer or engine time off... did you pull the front cover when you redid the top end?

did you have the cylinder head researfaced:eeek::haha: and checked for cracks or electrolicis... i no my grammer sucks but oh well

anyways even if the head gasket was bad it would still run, you probably have the timing off weather it be ignition timing ie distributer or engine time off... did you pull the front cover when you redid the top end?

yes i had all the head work done, i just added some oil and now it just looks really clear iam use to use 15/40 and i was told to use 30 w just for the first couple days running the engine for breaking the pistons in. Iam going to just keep on trying to move around the dist. and maybe buy a new one and try that so i just hope the 30 w is just really clear looking
thanks

yes i had all the head work done, i just added some oil and now it just looks really clear iam use to use 15/40 and i was told to use 30 w just for the first couple days running the engine for breaking the pistons in. Iam going to just keep on trying to move around the dist. and maybe buy a new one and try that so i just hope the 30 w is just really clear looking
thanks

save your self the hassle of ****in with the dist just bring the #1 cyl to TDC on the compression stroke and the check to see where your dis is pointing at, if it is not pointing right at #1 then problem solved

save your self the hassle of ****in with the dist just bring the #1 cyl to TDC on the compression stroke and the check to see where your dis is pointing at, if it is not pointing right at #1 then problem solved

Did all that now wont even start. this truck is a crap pile lol

so it will turn over then? Did you buy the truck running or did it come all F'ed up? If its getting fuel (pressure tested) and if you've checked the coil/dizzy for power/spark then the only thing really left is timing. :awesomework:

so it will turn over then? Did you buy the truck running or did it come all F'ed up? If its getting fuel (pressure tested) and if you've checked the coil/dizzy for power/spark then the only thing really left is timing. :awesomework:

It will run but i have to keep my foot on the gas, I bought it with blow-by but it ran pritty good. I am comming to the point that iam going to buy a new dist. and go over the carb again and just check everything

It will run but i have to keep my foot on the gas, I bought it with blow-by but it ran pritty good. I am comming to the point that iam going to buy a new dist. and go over the carb again and just check everything

If you have to keep you foot in it, it sounds like a fuel priming problem. Have you been able to see what kind of pressure you're getting when it's turning over? make sure the jets are dripping/squirting fuel. It's a long shot but if the truck has been sitting the primary could have been clogged.