• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need some help with my 92 wrangler t-case the shifter is bound up

BROKEN-WRANGLER

so when i did my 8.8 swap in my yj i had to install a sye in the t-case, theproblem im haveing is that ever since then my shifter is bound up and will not allow me to engage 4 wheel drive. so i pulled the t-case back out, and pulled it apart. when open i discovered that the vaccum sensor was not allowing the linkage to move. so i removed it and the linkage moved freely. so when i put it all back together it bound up. so i pulled the vaccum snsor out to try and adjust the li8nkage while it was in the jeep and it wont budge. i dont know what to do anybody got any ideas

Did you follow the instructions for your SYE very carefully? I had to cut about an inch off of the shift rail on my 231 when I installed my Advance Adapters SYE, otherwise it wouldn't have shifted into 4wd. I actually need to take it back apart and shave a little more off, because sometimes it pops out of 4 low.

I had the same problem. It is absolutely the shaft being too long. I only buy JB Conversions SYE's, and it had to be cut. Cut the shaft, shifts awesome.

yeah i bought the same setup as joop. how much would you guys say to cut off, im in a bad way, now we have like a foot of snow on the ground and i have a 2 wheel drive jeep

pull just the tailshaft not the whole thing. shift into 4x4 and measure the shaft sticking out. compare against the depth of the cover and cut 1/8" shorter.

Did you follow the instructions for your SYE very carefully? I had to cut about an inch off of the shift rail on my 231 when I installed my Advance Adapters SYE, otherwise it wouldn't have shifted into 4wd. I actually need to take it back apart and shave a little more off, because sometimes it pops out of 4 low.

Yep I had to cut 15/16 off the end of the shaft as well... my yj was a 1990.

josh, if you need some help, give me a holler. I've got plans saturday evening and sunday, but saturday morning and friday night im free. you know i am skilled and cutting **** up on your jeep

I did mine with a grinder after pulling the t-case out 4 times, even swapping all the parts, and putting the SYE into 2 other T-cases. Mine was so long for the JB conversions SYE, that one of the case halves broke when I bolted the SYE housing down. It is super easy to just pull the SYE housing off, and cut the shaft, I cut mine 7/8" off.

sounds good. im goin to portland this weekend so ill prolly do that next weekend if your available. yes it was brutal hearing when we put those tj flares on