• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some ideas

kyjari001

My weight distribution isn't good. The rear is too light (as you can tell by the chains on the back and the tractor weight on the fuel tank holding it down). Getting ready to do an axle swap and looking for ideas on how to add weight to the back. Was thinking about moving the rear axle back some but I know that won't solve my problem. Any ideas?

molaugh Good idea. Coming down steep hills is kind of scary because the back tries to come off the ground. Ive even had it tip forward and sit on the front bumper. Just looking for ways to avoid this. The rear end Im going to use will be heavier than what I had but I dont think it will be enough weight to make a difference. As it sits now the balance point is in front of the front jackstands, and if I take the weight and chains off it tries to tip forward.

Daum, can you stretch the front more to try get the weight centered better? Longer wheel base in the back with limit straps. Yea don't sound like going down hill is fun at all.

Can you move the motor /trans/case back any more ... I had kinda the same thing going on moved it all back bout 7" and it did a lot btr

even a cheap atv winch will do wonders....and they are small so mounting them in a tight buggy is not an all out challenge....just a thought.

1tonyj said:
even a cheap atv winch will do wonders....and they are small so mounting them in a tight buggy is not an all out challenge....just a thought.

Harbor freight 2500lb winches work great for rear suck down winches. Ive used them on both my rigs. Watch sales ads...you can pick on up for $49.99

Re: Re: Re: Need some ideas

highrolrcustoms said:
Harbor freight 2500lb winches work great for rear suck down winches. Ive used them on both my rigs. Watch sales ads...you can pick on up for $49.99
This... or you can check your local oreilly, they carry (my store did) 2k four wheeler winches for pretty cheap... especially if you have a good friend at one that will run the sale under their account.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Throw some rebound into the rear shocks and throw some compression into the front. This may not be the total fix, but it's easy and I garauntee you will see a difference.

mtnride said:
Put a fat chick in the back.
Worked for me in my old Cherokee... If it ever got a little loose in the ass end I'd just make my ex sit back there. :****: thumb.gif